• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
How do you expect anybody to react?

Your daughter is sexually attacked and two days later your question is "how can I sue Blockbuster?" If you want to maintain your motives are purely altruistic, fine, but I can assure you that, no, if I were in your shoes I would not be asking these kinds of questions while the ink is barely dry on the police report.

CavemanLawyer

I don't see any connection between Blockbuster and what this guy did to your daughter. Even messed up monsters with past sex offenses like this guy still have a right to hold down a job, and just hiring this guy is not what exposed your daughter to him. He used the movie as a line to lure her to an area where they were alone, but think about it....he could have used a similar line wherever he worked. (ex: I'll carry this to your car for you, I'll deliver this personally to your house, etc...)

Hiring a 3 time DWI offender to drive your company's taxi or hiring a sex offender to work in a day care, now that would potentially make you liable for the obvious crimes they might commit. That is foreseable. But sorry, I don't think Blockbuster can be held accountable for what happened to your daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">