• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual battery 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

healing

Thanks rrg956 for your advise yesterday. Let me give you the details of my arrest and appreciate any advise: I am a gay male who was crusing at a local park. A undercover cop was talking and flirting with me. I touched his ass for a second and next thing I knew I had handcuffs on me. He issued a sexual battery charge. This is why my family cannot find out since I am in the closet. Question:with the details given, should I still plea guilty to avoid a trial? even though I felt the arrest was a set-up. Thank you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Healing, basically you might what is called entrapment. But you have the odds stacked against you. Don't take a guilty plea just to get it over with.

You shouldn't be expected to sacrifice your life's goals/success just because you are in the closet.

Get yourself a good private attorney to help you. Try attorneypages.com or call your county's legal aid foundation or a local gay/lesbian organization because they CAN help you fight for your rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">