• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Utilities (heat/furnace) Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elaine1221

Update/Further Advice Needed

Findings of PSE&G were as follows: Upstairs living room electricity is tied in to my apt, as well as entrance to a basement apt which was an illegal space to begin with as the property was never zoned as such. I have been paying for the consumption of those 2 spaces for the past 8 years! This is the course of action I am planning to take. I am certifying a letter to the previous owner outlining the above (which of course will be noted to my PSE&G account) to solve this matter amicably between her and I. Should I not hear from her within a satisfactory period, I will pursue small claims court. I believe she is responsible for monetary reimbursement of 8 years as it is not the tenants fault due to none of us knowing about this. Please advice if I should proceed in a different manner.
Thank you in advance! :confused:

munchkins22

Findings of PSE&G were as follows: Upstairs living room electricity is tied in to my apt, as well as entrance to a basement apt which was an illegal space to begin with as the property was never zoned as such. I have been paying for the consumption of those 2 spaces for the past 8 years! This is the course of action I am planning to take. I am certifying a letter to the previous owner outlining the above (which of course will be noted to my PSE&G account) to solve this matter amicably between her and I. Should I not hear from her within a satisfactory period, I will pursue small claims court. I believe she is responsible for monetary reimbursement of 8 years as it is not the tenants fault due to none of us knowing about this. Please advice if I should proceed in a different manner.
Thank you in advance! :confused:

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you could tell me what happened with this? I am currently going through a similar situation with my oil heat. I would appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you so much!

FarmerJ

munchkin22 truth be told it really is not very often that people come back and post about the results from problems they had posted about here So if you start your own thread including your state name and DO NOT USE PREVIEW, its broke , it will not work and what you worked hard at typing will be eaten by the preview troll! So make your own posting and theres a number of folks here who will offer what they can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">