• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She got thrown out.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA

We just found out tonight that the ex got kicked out of her parent's house. She has been staying with her new b/f's dad and stepmom. There isnt much room at their house, so she's been staying on one couch with her b/f and "Ryan" has been sleeping on the same couch or the floor.. One of my friends told me this...(her aunt is the b/f's stepmom)...She said they had been staying there for 4 days, 3 of which the b/f had not been seen. We dont know if she has any of Ryan's things (clothes, toys, etc) there or not.

We're really worried about him. Is there anything we can do? Even though we dont get him overnights, he has his own bedroom here.

I should also add that in the CO it says, "If either parent will be away from their residence with the minor child for longer than a 24 hour time period, they shall notify the other parent of the child's whereabouts and plans. She said nothing about being thrown out on Wednesday when we had "Ryan".

Last edited:

LdiJ

hugs-n-kisses said:
What is the name of your state? PA

We just found out tonight that the ex got kicked out of her parent's house. She has been staying with her new b/f's dad and stepmom. There isnt much room at their house, so she's been staying on one couch with her b/f and "Ryan" has been sleeping on the same couch or the floor.. One of my friends told me this...(her aunt is the b/f's stepmom)...She said they had been staying there for 4 days, 3 of which the b/f had not been seen. We dont know if she has any of Ryan's things (clothes, toys, etc) there or not.

We're really worried about him. Is there anything we can do? Even though we dont get him overnights, he has his own bedroom here.

I should also add that in the CO it says, "If either parent will be away from their residence with the minor child for longer than a 24 hour time period, they shall notify the other parent of the child's whereabouts and plans. She said nothing about being thrown out on Wednesday when we had "Ryan".
I think that clause may be referring to being out of town, rather than this scenario. You should probably see what the order says about keeping dad notified of address changes etc.

LdiJ said:
I think that clause may be referring to being out of town, rather than this scenario. You should probably see what the order says about keeping dad notified of address changes etc.
Sorry.. I didnt give you the whole part of that... That section in full says: " Neither parent shall remove the child from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without notification to the other parent of their whereabouts and travel plans. In addition, if either parent will be away from their residence with the minor child for longer than a 24 hour time period, they shall notify the other parent of the child's whereabouts and plans."

About address changes, it says "In the case of either parent moving, the other parent must be notified of the exact address and new phone number (if applicable) in writing within seven (7) days of the move."

LdiJ

hugs-n-kisses said:
Sorry.. I didnt give you the whole part of that... That section in full says: " Neither parent shall remove the child from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without notification to the other parent of their whereabouts and travel plans. In addition, if either parent will be away from their residence with the minor child for longer than a 24 hour time period, they shall notify the other parent of the child's whereabouts and plans."

About address changes, it says "In the case of either parent moving, the other parent must be notified of the exact address and new phone number (if applicable) in writing within seven (7) days of the move."
Well, for the moment apparently the place she is staying is her current residence. You also know where she is. I really don't think that you can go anywhere with this. Any improper notifications are a contempt issue...and this sort of thing is definitely not enough to take to court on its own.

Its also not something serious enough that a judge would consider an emergency custody change as necessary. Therefore, by the time you could actually get anything in front of a judge she would have likely rectified the situation.

It is likely that her residence there would be viewed as temporary and that so long as the child's basic needs are being met then there is no need for court intervention.

Offer to help out with Ryan more until mom gets on her feet and see what she says.

She denied that she was ever even staying there and that her life is none of my fiance's business, so he just needs to stay out of it..... :( I dont think that she realizes that whatever is going on in her life effects Ryan's as well..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">