• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I hire a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon8384

Thank You Kate... I am definately doing my research and making sure that I am prepared for all of this... He is trying to take half of my vehicle, which is fully mine.

When I gave him the paperwork last week everything was going to be amicable, and he wasn't going to cause problems with the divorce proceedings. Now everything has changed, and he is threatening to make my life a living hell..

Hey BB, for someone that studied law, you should have better manners, and have a little consideration for other people's feelings instead of being a complete Jerk!

BelizeBreeze

falcon8384 said:
Thank You Kate... I am definately doing my research and making sure that I am prepared for all of this... He is trying to take half of my vehicle, which is fully mine.

When I gave him the paperwork last week everything was going to be amicable, and he wasn't going to cause problems with the divorce proceedings. Now everything has changed, and he is threatening to make my life a living hell..

Hey BB, for someone that studied law, you should have better manners, and have a little consideration for other people's feelings instead of being a complete Jerk!
I can also be a total ass when someone comes on this site without the foggiest idea about law.

Now pull your head out of your ass. It's NOT your car. It's marital property. If you doubt that then take $200 out of your account, put it down on your attorney's desk and have him/her explain Vermont's marital property law to you.

Kate doesn't know crap about law and if you choose to believe her because it's what you WANT to hear, then you will receive no further help from this site.

CAPISH?

kate554

falcon8384 said:

Whoa! I hope you saw the part that said "I'm not a lawyer"! As cranky as BB is, h/she is correct that you should be getting your answers from an attorney. I was just throwing out opinions. (I should have said that in the first place.) You should not discount what is offered here, just because someone might have a less than warm delivery in their answers.

To answer your original question: If it were me, I would get a lawyer. No matter how simple a divorce seems, it never is.

falcon8384

I did see that you mentioned that you are not a lawyer. And I am aware that this website is for legal advice, and that I am not speaking to a lawyer specifically.

BB- why is that you have to be so cruel? You do not need to speak to me in that manner, or degrade my intellegence. I am well aware of the situation that I am in, and I feel as though you are not giving me advice at all!

I have contacted lawyers and I am not in the financial situation right now where I can plunk down a few thousand dollars for an attorney, therefore I came to this website to get some advice. I do not need you to throw my situation back into my face. I am well aware of what is happening. I would appreciate though a little common desency, and respect.

Silverplum

falcon8384 said:
I did see that you mentioned that you are not a lawyer. And I am aware that this website is for legal advice, and that I am not speaking to a lawyer specifically.

BB- why is that you have to be so cruel? You do not need to speak to me in that manner, or degrade my intellegence. I am well aware of the situation that I am in, and I feel as though you are not giving me advice at all!

I have contacted lawyers and I am not in the financial situation right now where I can plunk down a few thousand dollars for an attorney, therefore I came to this website to get some advice. I do not need you to throw my situation back into my face. I am well aware of what is happening. I would appreciate though a little common desency, and respect.
What you FEEL and what is REAL are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">