• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tdud

I live in South Bend Ind. I was fired after 14years service by a new G M - at this hotel we have seem MANY general Managers come and go = This particular Manager only cared about the NUMBERS not the GUESTS - As anyone can see from my endless stacks of awards, letters, and plaques I WAS 100% all about CUSTOMER SERVICE and it showed - I was fired for giving a guest a discount on a room on a SLOW night in December - I looked at it like - Hey, if I didnt take care of this guest - the competition down the road would have - ANYWAY after I was fired I filed for unemployment and was denied by the Hotel - so I appealed and Won - due to the fact that the General Manager never showed up to court to defend his descion to fire me - he has since left the company and now they want me back ! I refused because I cannot work for a company AGAIN that would not back me up against ONE MAN who just "didnt like me" and a Company that OBVIOUSLY gave this guy the OK to let me go and NOT even take into consideration ALL of the hard work and YEARS I have put into that place - I am FURIOUS over the fact that this guy can come in to this comany OBVIOSLY wanting to get the old out and bring in the new = well, as I said He has left that hotel now and HERE I SIT - I had NO WRITE UPS OR WARNINGS in my file = I had a clean record - Can he just get away with that - and doesnt it PROVE I was an asset to that company due to the fact that now he is gone they are BEGGING me to come back ? Do I have a case? For some reason I cant seem to LET IT GO - I feel if there is a way I could sue HIM or the COMPANY and WIN = I WOULD GO FOR IT _ but if You think I would be fighting a loosing battle then I wont bother.... [email protected]

JETX

I understand that you feel you weren't supported by the corporate 'suits' and all that, but what is your complaint???

You got fired, filed for unemployment and won. They now want to hire you back since you were (in fact) a GREAT employee.

You ask, "Can he just get away with that". What did he 'get away with'???

You ask, "Do I have a case?"
The simple answer is no. Why would you even think you have a case and for what???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">