• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

signing a check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

linkouam, I'm posting your pm. There is nothing private involved and this answers questions ohiogal is wanting answered.

I have the actions for the divorce, the removal or barriers to remarriage, the affidavit from her saying she waives the service of all further papers in this action, and the reciept for dissolution of marriage. Nothing on anything else.
seems like OP never got an order describing the actions ordered by the court in the divorce.

The only other question I have is: was there an agreement between you and the ex that was submitted to the court that the court accepted. If so, that is where you will find the answers to questions being asked.

linkouam

The divorce papers state is "ordered and adjured that plaintiff is hereby awarded exclusive occupancy of the marital residence located at **************., together with its contents until further order of the court"
This was located in the judgement of divorce set of papers.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
linkouam, I'm posting your pm. There is nothing private involved and this answers questions ohiogal is wanting answered.

seems like OP never got an order describing the actions ordered by the court in the divorce.

The only other question I have is: was there an agreement between you and the ex that was submitted to the court that the court accepted. If so, that is where you will find the answers to questions being asked.
He PM'd me that as well. He never got a divorce decree. if that is all he and the court have, he is still married.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This was located in the judgement of divorce set of papers.
That is not a proper order. Gather all of your papers and get a consult with an attorney. You need to find out your liabilities, responsibilities, obligations and benefits. You also need to find out if you are actually divorced.

justalayman

He PM'd me that as well. He never got a divorce decree. if that is all he and the court have, he is still married.
I was wondering if this wasn't simply an improper term for a final order by the court dissolving the marriage:

and the reciept for dissolution of marriage

this area of legal procedure is definitely is not my strong point but I do recall seeing where the parties were not given the details of the decree unless they specifically requested one. All they got was an copy of the order stating the divorce has been entered in the records.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was wondering if this wasn't simply an improper term for a final order by the court dissolving the marriage:

this area of legal procedure is definitely is not my strong point but I do recall seeing where the parties were not given the details of the decree unless they specifically requested one. All they got was an copy of the order stating the divorce has been entered in the records.
Then he needs to go to the court and get the final order. If no final order, then there was no dissolution/divorce and he is still married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">