• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennjennalyn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was the respondent in this current case in the past. I would like to modify the support/visitation so on the court papers I need to file, would I know become the petitioner since I am requesting? Or do I still remain as the respondent?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was the respondent in this current case in the past. I would like to modify the support/visitation so on the court papers I need to file, would I know become the petitioner since I am requesting? Or do I still remain as the respondent?
Is this the father you defied your parents wishes to "be" with and also the one that you assisted in not supporting his children??

Last edited by a moderator:

jennjennalyn

No life.

Well you have nothing better to do but stir negativity in other peoples' lives.

I am actually married with this "loser" since 2007 and we have full custody of two of his children from the different mother who are currently attending private school in our neighborhood.

I was unfortunately unemployed just recently and now have much time to deal with all this legal mumbo jumbo that hasn't been dealt with in a while.

I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I believe you're the petitioner. You are petitioning for the modification, and the respondent is responding to your petition.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You're welcome, but check back in case someone corrects me. My answer is only based on what seems to me to be common sense, I'm not a lawyer.

Just Blue

Posting Hx folks...

OP's hubby is a pervert that defied a RO that her parents got to protect her (at the time 17 and he 29) from this nasty pig. He started boffing her (aged 15) .
OP has also assisted him in not supporting his children.

She should PAY for advice..As she rudely disregarded the advice given here in the past.

proud_parent

You're welcome, but check back in case someone corrects me. My answer is only based on what seems to me to be common sense, I'm not a lawyer.
Although the OP is the moving party this time around, this is a modification. OP would remain the respondent and the other party would remain the petitioner, as long as either party keeps opening this same case.

MichaCA

Although the OP is the moving party this time around, this is a modification. OP would remain the respondent and the other party would remain the petitioner, as long as either party keeps opening this same case.
That is my experience...once a respondent, always a respondent. You will just be filing a motion as a respondent.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Well, then, see? So much for my common sense.

I did consider that, but I thought if it was a counter-petition she'd be the respondent. This didn't strike me as a counter-petition, but a whole new whack at the whole ball of wax.

Sorry for the misdirection, OP.

Just Blue

BUT!! OP is not a party to this. She deleted her post where she stated that her molester is her hubby. She is posting for her loser/perv hubby.;)

A couple of my posts and one of OP were removed.;)

dmcc10880

Yes, the others are correct, when dealing with the same case #, the original respondent remains the respondent no matter who is the moving party.

I can't wait to hear what the court says when he goes in for a support modification. :D

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Yes, the others are correct, when dealing with the same case #, the original respondent remains the respondent no matter who is the moving party.

I can't wait to hear what the court says when he goes in for a support modification. :D
That's the kind of thing that tends to take care of itself. If he or she or whomever doesn't meet the criteria for a modification, it won't happen. If he or she does, it will.

dmcc10880

That's the kind of thing that tends to take care of itself. If he or she or whomever doesn't meet the criteria for a modification, it won't happen. If he or she does, it will.
Based on posting hx, the hearing could be quite amusing or sad depending on how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">