• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Situation where you don't even know how to proceed!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolphin738

My mom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma and was not able to continue working. Her employer listed an incorrect date as her termination date causing her to be ineligible for Cobra. This meant that there was a gap when she had no insurance. Her transplant had been scheduled because she was in good enough health and ideal for the procedure. But because there was no insurance the transplant was cancelled and by the time her disability insurance kicked in it was too late. Because someone at her job put down the wrong date and it was a clerical error. We confirmed that. Because of that mistake my mom missed a life extending transplant. Is this a mistake that is allowed?

quincy

My mom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma and was not able to continue working. Her employer listed an incorrect date as her termination date causing her to be ineligible for Cobra. This meant that there was a gap when she had no insurance. Her transplant had been scheduled because she was in good enough health and ideal for the procedure. But because there was no insurance the transplant was cancelled and by the time her disability insurance kicked in it was too late. Because someone at her job put down the wrong date and it was a clerical error. We confirmed that. Because of that mistake my mom missed a life extending transplant. Is this a mistake that is allowed?
What is the name of your state?

Mistakes are not allowed but mistakes happen and human errors can be excused because humans are not perfect.

I am sorry about your mom.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In what way did the incorrect date cause her to be ineligible for COBRA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">