• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander and malicious intent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kalil

My girlfriend and I have been accused of slandering someone by "speaking bad" about her and her sister. Because of this she has 1) threatened to tell others of such incident (which is untrue); 2) slandered us to others already(again w/o facts); and 3) has illicitly discovered that my girlfriend has had an abortion and has informed at least one or more persons w/o restrain. My girlfriend and I are now emotionally distressed for this was known only to the two of us and a friend who unfortunately and through her admission, accidentally told the said above person. Not only would this information emotionally hurt both our families, who are against the procedure, but our college classes have been affected adversely already as well as our social and familial life. This is not information for her to know let alone advertise to others for wrongs she feels we have done, which even her own sister vehemently defends that we have not. Along with the possibility and almost inevitably state of becoming outcasts, our career futures may have surely been jeopardized as well. Do we have any case of slander and malicious intent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">