• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NCLynn2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I am a Bookkeeper. I resigned my position as a Bookkeeper/Office Manager for a
local welding shop on May 9, 2005. I was employed for over 3-1/2 years. I have just learned today that my previous employer is telling people that I was "let go" and that I am a "thief". I gave my 2-week notice at 8:00am and at 12:00pm that day he informed me I could "just go now". There were no cross words exchanged when I left. I am now hearing some of the ugly things he is saying about me, all of which are FALSE!!! I have been a bookkeeper for over 15 years and this has the potential to ruin my reputation! I have NEVER stolen from anyone! This man is a local fire chief and I am hearing that he is saying these things to the firemen at his station! Do I need to contact an attorney and take legal action to stop this? I live in North Carolina, but this employer is located in South Carolina. Which state do I seek an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">