• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

samanthagold

State of Texas
My last company (Fortune500) was going to fire me for bringing into the workplace pictures of myself in lingerie. (they were discovered in my purse?) Before they fired me, they gave me the opportunity to resign, which I did. They promised that no one would here of the situation, but today I have found out that my supervisor told a peer of the incident. What are my options?

L

loku

Breach of contract to remain silent

You have no case in slander because what was said was true and that is an absolute defense in slander. However, if the promise not to tell anyone was part of the agreement you made to resign, then you might have a case in breach of contract. If so, you can sue them for what you lost by resigning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">