• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Business Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deebrute

My mother owns a small restaurant in a strip mall in Texas. Next door is a nail salon that uses very strong toxic chemicals. These chemicals can be smelled in her restaurant, give her and her employees headaches, and cause her to loose business because customers walk right out. She has filed complaints with the EPA and other government dept agencies regarding the smell; however, does business insurance cover the loss that she is taking from losing customers and business?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My mother owns a small restaurant in a strip mall in Texas. Next door is a nail salon that uses very strong toxic chemicals. These chemicals can be smelled in her restaurant, give her and her employees headaches, and cause her to loose business because customers walk right out. She has filed complaints with the EPA and other government dept agencies regarding the smell; however, does business insurance cover the loss that she is taking from losing customers and business?
What did the insurance company say when asked?

deebrute

My mother did not call the insurance company because she doesnt know if she should. She has a legitimate point, and the nail salon owners next door are very nasty when you try to speak to them about the smell. Do you think there would be any reprecussions if she called her insurance company to inquire?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">