• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small court fee's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wdworld51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?In Florida If I win my case in small claims court ,can I recover attorney fee's ,court fee's ,and all other fee's????

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?In Florida If I win my case in small claims court ,can I recover attorney fee's ,court fee's ,and all other fee's????
What does your judgement say? Your judgement should tell you what fees you can collect.

Most states dont allow recovery of lawyer's fees

You can ask though! Always ask. Court fees yes, other fees, maybe.

Ask for them all. Simply state, after asking for the damage amt for +court costs, +lawyers' fees, +other fees (since these wont totally be known yet leave them as an undetermined amount until trial is done).

You said "if I win"...if you did not ask for them win your initial filing, you can request to amend your complaint (maybe) to include these. If you cannot amend your complaint & you did not ask for these charges, judges will usually not allow you to tack them on later.

Proserpina

You can ask though! Always ask. Court fees yes, other fees, maybe.

Ask for them all. Simply state, after asking for the damage amt for +court costs, +lawyers' fees, +other fees (since these wont totally be known yet leave them as an undetermined amount until trial is done).

You said "if I win"...if you did not ask for them win your initial filing, you can request to amend your complaint (maybe) to include these. If you cannot amend your complaint & you did not ask for these charges, judges will usually not allow you to tack them on later.

Quick question.

You're not an attorney, are you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">