• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SMom communication with Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AkersTile

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Quick question.

Kiddos were supposed to go to Mom's for visitation at 6pm last Fri. Dad's Dad had heart surgery on Thurs. Fri morn Gpa had complications and went back into surgery. I (SMom) called Mom and asked her if I could drop kiddos off on my way to hospital (Dad was already there). She agreed. Gpa passed away later that day.

Is there any way Mom could use my calling her against Dad? I know SMom's are legal strangers and supposed to stay out of it and not communicate with other parent, but I felt this was an emergency and kiddos needed to be with either Mom or Dad, not a sitter.

Thanks for the advice.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

Quick question.

Kiddos were supposed to go to Mom's for visitation at 6pm last Fri. Dad's Dad had heart surgery on Thurs. Fri morn Gpa had complications and went back into surgery. I (SMom) called Mom and asked her if I could drop kiddos off on my way to hospital (Dad was already there). She agreed. Gpa passed away later that day.

Is there any way Mom could use my calling her against Dad? I know SMom's are legal strangers and supposed to stay out of it and not communicate with other parent, but I felt this was an emergency and kiddos needed to be with either Mom or Dad, not a sitter.

Thanks for the advice.

I can't see a court in the land holding this against Dad.

Seriously.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Grandpa.

AkersTile

Thanks Pro.

Thats kind of what I was thinking after the fact. I just didn't think to call Dad's lawyer and ask her when he called me at 6:30am on his way to the hospital (can ya blame me?). I did at least wait until 8am to call Mom. I just wanted to make sure because she tries to use anything she can against Dad and I don't want something coming back on him because I called Mom instead of him.

LdiJ

Thanks Pro.

Thats kind of what I was thinking after the fact. I just didn't think to call Dad's lawyer and ask her when he called me at 6:30am on his way to the hospital (can ya blame me?). I did at least wait until 8am to call Mom. I just wanted to make sure because she tries to use anything she can against Dad and I don't want something coming back on him because I called Mom instead of him.
I really don't think that it would even occur to mom to do something like that under the circumstances. It was clearly an emergency.

My condolences to everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">