• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

so if I was once under investigation but there is no warrant, what restrictions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weqas1234

If this family member knows where you are and disclosed where you are, then I assume whoever is trying to track you down knows how to locate you - and, if I remember correctly from your other threads, "they" already know where you are anyway.

No one can tell you if this is bad or good, or if the police are monitoring your online activities or not (although it is doubtful). The best way to find this out, however, is to contact the police directly and ask.

Seriously, weqas, you are spending far too much time worrying about this. I suggest you do some volunteer work in your community - at a soup kitchen or ringing bells for the Salvation Army or something. Being of service to others in need is not only a positive way to occupy your time, it can help you get your mind off the mysterious situation with the police that has plagued you for so long.
the fam member doesn't know where I am and so didn't disclose anything--s/he just said "I don't know." How would they already know where I am? What I'm saying is that if they were tracking my messages, they'd already know where I am, so there'd be no point in asking the fam member that. then that means the fact that they did ask suggests that they're not tracking my messages.

I've thought about asking them directly, but why would they tell me anything truthful or anything besides "you better surrender yourself now?"

and i also asked whether the fact that the police didn't initiate the inquiry is significant. they haven't spoken to anyone about the case in 2-3 months. then a fam member goes to the precinct for a completely unrelated matter, so they ask a "while you're here" question

doesn't this mean that the case is still technically "open" but it's not at the top of the pile so they're not actively spending resources on this case?

Ladyback1

the fam member doesn't know where I am and so didn't disclose anything--s/he just said "I don't know." How would they already know where I am? What I'm saying is that if they were tracking my messages, they'd already know where I am, so there'd be no point in asking the fam member that. then that means the fact that they did ask suggests that they're not tracking my messages.

I've thought about asking them directly, but why would they tell me anything truthful or anything besides "you better surrender yourself now?"

and i also asked whether the fact that the police didn't initiate the inquiry is significant. they haven't spoken to anyone about the case in 2-3 months. then a fam member goes to the precinct for a completely unrelated matter, so they ask a "while you're here" question

doesn't this mean that the case is still technically "open" but it's not at the top of the pile so they're not actively spending resources on this case?
You know? Whatever the H*LL you did (or didn't do), you should consult a friggin' attorney, and figure out the best way to fix this situation.
Quit with all the paranoia...Quit with the "can the cops do this", "what does it mean if they say this", bullcrap!

You need a really good attorney, a really good psych evaluation and probably some REALLY good medications for schizophrenia paranoid!

I mean really...No one here knows what the cops/FBI/NSA/CIA/Green Berets/Navy Seals are thinking as it relates to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">