• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Disibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christinaann

I have a major Social Security Disability issue that was not being resolved. Including, but not limited, to paperwork disappearing, screens at the SS office being wiped clean, lying, and my case being ignored. I spoke to female secretary from Senator Ensign’s office that stated she spoke with SS and they said my file was in Carson City and they were awaiting my medical records and there was nothing your office could do.
Now the kicker. My medical records were never ordered. This confirmed by everyone of my physicians. When I forwarded this info to Carson City they were like a deer caught in the headlights. Uh, Uh, Uh, No answer. Now that was a surprise. Like I didn’t expect it. Well, I did. I filed for a waiver and reconsideration on three separate occasions. Finally, after I located several major e-mail addresses SS sent me to a SS doctor after 14 years of not seeing one (as I was never sent to one) he has claimed me totally disabled. Wonderful, NOT!!! I have lost both my cars, my home, and my health has deteriorated even further. Forced back to work during this ridiculousness. I underwent three additional surgeries and additional back injury due to the need to survive. I requested a denial letter over the last 2.5 years and S.S. would not give me one. Why? Because then I could receive damages. So, instead they lied, were rude(kicked me out of SS office) and told me never to return, and lagged the case on forever. I made complaints regarding both offices located in Las Vegas to the Congressional office. When I made those complaints the retaliation became relentless. My records were lost and some were changed to fit what the local offices wanted to put in the file. Other big wigs were brought in to clean the mess up. Now after 2.5 years I have been reinstated, and received my children’s back pay from Aug. 2007 until March 2008. However, the total of those are about $4,000. Not enough to clear up my past due electric, rent, gas, water, and food. The back pay owed over $42,000 still not released. I have been given the run around and told the paperwork is done and we will get it to you when we can. “STOP CALLING US!!! All that does is takes up our time and we cannot get your case finished.” I have had it with the system I paid into and relied on.
Adding insult to injury. I have spoken to an attorney that use to work for SS. He quit due to exactly what I have been stating all along. Files, reconsiderations, waivers, cases etc… being thrown away and SS employees laughing and saying what case, what waiver, what reconsideration? This is an outrage. I am especially outraged with the fact that most do not or cannot defend themselves, because they do not know where to turn. Complaint links on the SS website are hidden and we have been told by insiders (do not want to be named) where to locate them, but most are not. How in the world can the elderly find help? Much less the mentally disabled. They just sit in tears in the local office not knowing what to do. It is disgusting that a system is allowed without discipline or repercussion, or punishment, to break their own rules and they break them all whenever they see fit.. They have time limits , which at best, are varying according to some insiders. They will have 60 days to complete something and take two years to complete it, because paperwork is not in the file so it never existed.
SS local office made a huge mistake in my situation, which backfired. They stated I never filed a reconsideration, or a waiver of overpayment. A lady called me and said I had won my case and that they did not need my paperwork any more. They actually did receive the paperwork (This being the third set I filed) stamped it with a case number. You will never guess what they did. They sent it to my home. Three months later I called and asked where my money was. HA, they said they never received my paperwork. I marched the paperwork (Copies) to them for a look. The expression was priceless. OOPS…This is beyond acceptable. Funny, though in May of 2007 SS deposited my regular one month of pay under a woman’s name. How is this possible. All I can figure is that maybe they deposited my money back then into her account and hers into mine. The left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. The people are telling the truth. Even the senators office ignored me and blew it off. I find that interesting.
I have waited in the SS office for 8 hours just to be seen. I waited for 3 hours just top fax paperwork to the payment center that they had told me to go to the local office and fax right away. Needless to say, I called my contact back and he said go ahead fax directly. I have dealt with many people in high places and still nothing. Should so many people be needed to resolve this?
Overpayment. This was a complete joke. First letter stated I owed 184,000. Then it dropped soon after to 162,000. Then again dropped to 148,000. then yet again to 124,000. I worked for 4 days on a movie set and earned 1,500.00 in 2005 I could not work the long hours with my back condition and quit. I was told I had substantial income. I had reported this income in 2005. My SS was stopped in April 2006. Now, much to my surprise, the overpayment has dropped to a whopping 8,000, which is also incorrect. However, they are getting closer. I am still waiting to see a judge for the waiver of the 8,000, which is impossible, yet again.
I’d like to add I have been on dire need for 1.5 years and critical need for 2 months. What is my recourse for damages against the one entity most attorney cringe at?
:mad:

BL

The back pay owed over $42,000 still not released.

Overpayment. This was a complete joke. First letter stated I owed 184,000. Then it dropped soon after to 162,000. Then again dropped to 148,000. then yet again to 124,000. I worked for 4 days on a movie set and earned 1,500.00 in 2005 I could not work the long hours with my back condition and quit. I was told I had substantial income. I had reported this income in 2005. My SS was stopped in April 2006. Now, much to my surprise, the overpayment has dropped to a whopping 8,000, which is also incorrect. However, they are getting closer. I am still waiting to see a judge for the waiver of the 8,000, which is impossible, yet again.
What is my recourse for damages against the one entity most attorney cringe at?
Be a squeaky wheel .

Interesting , you say you are owed $42,000 , but you were overpaid from $184,000 down to $8,000.00.

as234

Your writing is very clear, you are very well organized. Some ss offices are very very helpful. Other are cruel and sadistic. To destroy federal records is a seruis crime . Let alone this being done by federal employees.
It is good to see such fight, keeping going, if not for all the people that have no recourse. I want you to live and breath this. I want you not to rest. I want you to visit and/ or call anyone and everyone that you think will listen. Can you objectively prove any of this? Have you spoken with the FBI? Do you have the resources to hire a very skilled private detective?

Is there a local media that might be of service? A petition of others in your area. Many govt agencies fear nothing save Bad publicity.

You may not want details of your life in the newspaper or on local TV, but could a letter or two to the editor and or local officials be of service to you?

Second the squeaky wheel post...Endeavor to perservere. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">