• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOL and other questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto4

What is the name of your state? Arizona

We are still dealing with a debt created by my MIL under husbands name. (opened falsely, we are having a hard time filing a police report against this were getting the run around but will still getting one as soon as we can) We have found that his mother (we haven't spoken to her in about a year since we found out about this) is dying and in hospic. Does that play any part of why we are getting the run around with filing a report?

My questions regarding the SOL in Arizona. The debt was created in 2001, Charged off in 2002 we have never paid a dime on it (didn't know about it until earlier this year) Orig Bal is 3600 Collection Agency has taken it over and now wants 7600. We have been told that if we dont get a police report they will keep the debt with us and we will have to pay this. I cant find any information regarding the SOL of my state. Can someone point me in the right direction.

If the SOL has passed and they do take us to court, will they get a judgement against us or will the SOL card play out in our favor.

We are worried that since his mother has owned up to the debt that she will die before we can get anything taken care of and want to see what our options are.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mommyto4

Thank you for that!

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)

Open Acct.: 3

Written Contract: 6 in Az. - 4 outside Az.

Domestic Judgment: 5-additional 5 upon request (indefinitely)

Foreign Judgment: 4

new question would it be open acct or written contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">