• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold a car Now big problems!!!HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zion1976

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi everyone. To make a long story short i recently had for sale a 89 Mercedes-Benz 190E..for $1000.00 Firm because it needed new shocks and the blower motor for the heat/A/C stop working. These were the only known problems that existed with the car after having drove it as a daily driver for the last year or so.. Everything else mechanical was in excellent running condition.. Anyway a buyer came to look at the car..He let it idle and we went for a test drive around the block and i told him to step on it..he like the car and we agreed on the $1000.00 selling price..I get a call today from him stating that the heater core is leaking on the interior and he says the engine is running rough and overheating.. Anyway he says he wants his money back and wants to return the car to me after he already registered the car..Am i legally responsible for this car? to take it back?? Please someone chime in and let me know!

BL

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi everyone. To make a long story short i recently had for sale a 89 Mercedes-Benz 190E..for $1000.00 Firm because it needed new shocks and the blower motor for the heat/A/C stop working. These were the only known problems that existed with the car after having drove it as a daily driver for the last year or so.. Everything else mechanical was in excellent running condition.. Anyway a buyer came to look at the car..He let it idle and we went for a test drive around the block and i told him to step on it..he like the car and we agreed on the $1000.00 selling price..I get a call today from him stating that the heater core is leaking on the interior and he says the engine is running rough and overheating.. Anyway he says he wants his money back and wants to return the car to me after he already registered the car..Am i legally responsible for this car? to take it back?? Please someone chime in and let me know!
Unless you advertised this in excellent condition , other than the known problem , the buyer bought it AS-IS .

You have no obligations to the buyer .

If the buyer takes you to court , do NOT state anything about excellent condition .

State everything else you said here but that .

zion1976

thanks for the quick reply.. i sold it as-is and NEVER mentioned about it being in "excellent condition.. he was well aware that it need work.. thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">