• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold semi truck - blew a head gasket - guys trying to sue me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andr15

I bought the truck in December of 2011 with 964,000 miles on it and was told it was rebuilt 220,000 miles prior. I drove the truck 1,200 miles home to my place after purchasing it and it sat for 3 months. I advertised the truck for sale in good working condition (as it left my house in top notch condition), 600 miles later a supposibly 75 miles into hauling a load it blew a head gasket. about 6 months later it was listed for sale with just a head gasket issue.

andr15

Also to answer your question, my ad said it had 220,000 miles on it and was in excellent working condition, and I stated to the buyer that that is what was told to me by the previous buyer. When he bought the truck he asked if I could get engine papers, I stated im not going to guarantee anything because I don't posses any papers nor did i get any from the previous owner but i could try contacting the previous owner, I then contacted the previous owner to see if i could get at least something and he had no maintenance records or documents, he claimed he only owned the truck for a year.

andr15

I google searched after I sold the truck because thats when the engine issue occurred, (after I sold the truck)

andr15

I think there's a misunderstanding here, the engine became available for sale 6 months after it supposebly expired / became total junk with only a bad head gasket, it was not listed for sale with all the problems they are trying to sue me for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">