• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody help me. Please. I'm 16...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpthisgirl

I know. Trust me, I know. But I made up my mind. I can't explain what it is holding me back, but its there. I can't turn him in, no matter how right it would be.. I just don't want to get in trouble for lying to the cops and not telling them things...thats all. As long as they never find out his last name, I'll be ok.

Ozark_Sophist

You have the power. Your rapist tried to take the power from you but you still have it. You did the right thing asking for help.

As others have already posted, the therapist was legally obligated to report the crime.

Not all victims ask for help. And not all victims who ask for help cooperate with the authorities. Some see cooperation as a revictimization. Others see cooperation as a theraputic process. The decision is yours.

Use your power to continue getting counseling. It will be difficult. The questions you are asking in this forum are better asked of a counselor.

I urge you to continue with counseling.

Perky

I am so sorry that this happened to you.

I believe that if the counselor reports it, and your mother gives his last name, then the police will investigate it even if you claim you made it up.

Also, I think you're safer with him prison than free to contact you again.

My last thought is that maybe the person who did this to you is not the boy you named. I'm probably way off base, but I had the feeling when I read your post that you might have another reason for not giving the boy's last name.

I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Take care.

las365

Some terrible things have happened to you, and you are afraid. That is normal. It's your fear that makes you say, "I can't."

You feel that the counselor betrayed your trust, as others have done. It is a big deal for you to trust someone, and the betrayal has seemed to confirm your fear of trusting someone.

If you can understand that the counselor had to tell what happened to you, can you try to work with him or her? If not, you need a new counselor.

Make a list of all of the things you are afraid might happen if you tell the truth. Even the things that may seem far-fetched or silly. You've already started talking about them here, and that's a beginning.

Your fears are legitimate fears. Talk to your counselor about them. I'm going to take a guess at another: you are afraid that you will die if you tell.

I don't think you will die if you tell. I think that you can tell, and somewhere deep inside you want to. You just need to get past the fear into freedom. Please continue to get counseling, and know that in this short time, a lot of people here have come to care about you! You deserve to be free from your fear.

Wish there was a hug icon! (((((big hug)))))

las365

yea sorry i typed the wrong thing for that first post
You sure did :eek:

Sorry I reported you, I thought you were being really cruel. You can let the moderator know it was a mistake.

jackie1977

help this girl

You do have a long road ahead of you but let me tell you something that may change your mind:

I have to deal with the fact that my own 13 year old son molested my 5 year old daughter which is his half sister. She is now 6years old but she was brave at the age of 5 yrs. old to come out and tell someone so he could answer for his crime. He now cannot have contact with her or his little brother and he may never be able to have contact with them.

You also need to keep in mind that if you do tell they cannot make you sit in the courtroom and see him face to face.They may have you do a video taped statement and they can protect your identity.Also if he ever made it out of prison he would have to be registered on the sex offenders list which not only protects you but it also protects all the other children in the world.

And as far as you getting in trouble for not giving the cops the information they need they could hold you for with holding information on a criminal case.

So ask yourself this question.Is it worth you possibly being charged with that for him to run free and more than likely hurt another child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">