• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone and I co-bought a car together. The DMV won't re-register my car...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iDegausser

Arizona
During the past year or so, I went 8 months without having insurance on the car. I had insurance when I bought it, but after a while I stopped paying and didn't file a non-op on my car. Around six months ago I got insurance for my car again and tried to re-register because my tags were up. The DMV told me that I would need an SR-22 for both of us. I have been trying to contact this man since then and can't get a hold of him. He doesn't have a phone and his parents keep saying that they will give him the message, but I haven't heard from him. DMV said that since he has a valid AZ drivers license, there is nothing they can do. I have made all of the payments on the vehicle. He has never paid for it, or driven it. I would really like to get his name off of the car. What can I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">