• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something doesn't seem right!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jberr

What is the name of your state? Fl
My husband and I live in TX. His Mother lived in Fl where she passed away in Feb. The estate is to be split 5 ways between the siblings. His sister is the executor. We know she has taken out money from the estate for personal use and is keeping things on like the phone and cable even though know one lives there. I went on line in the court records and discovered on 9/11/2006 Affidavit-Probate and Death Certificate and on 9/20/2006 a personal representative's release and certificate of distribution of real property. We have not recieved any of these and either have the brothers. Does anyone know what that means? We have been told several times that she does not intend to put the house on the market until sometime next year. Is there a time limit? Do the brothers have any rights?
Thanks for your help.

Dandy Don

Is there a will being probated or not?

Did you even receive notification by mail that probate had been started?

She is taking advantage of the fact that you live out of state to keep you misinformed. You need an attorney in the same city/county as to where the estate is being probated to attend the probate hearings on your behalf and keep up with what is going on with the estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">