• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sorry so long...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neal1421

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TN

I took my car to the dealership 12/21/2005 because I was having trouble with my transmission. At the time that I began having problems with it and took it in, it was about 200 miles until my warranty was up.
Well, the said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car other than the fact that they thought I needed a new battery so I went to Auto Zone bought a battery and asked them to install it. Upon looking at the area where the battery should go (sorry, I don't know too much about cars) they decided that they couldn't do it for fear of breaking some bolt or something and I should take it to a shop to have it installed. I then decided to take the car back to the dealership and have them replace the bolt or whatever it was that needed to be fixed.

I had someone go with me so that I could drop the car off and later received a call stating that they were able to duplicate the problem with the transmission that I brought the car in for the day before but it would take a few days to get a new transmission. Well they ended up keeping the car for 2 weeks causing me to get a rental car for a week as that was my sole means of transportation as a single parent. After a week I was told that the original order they put in was lost and that it would take an additional week to get the parts. I then told them that they would have to find a loaner car to give me because I was not paying for another week of a rental car. They give me a loaner and told me they would call me when the car was ready.

Well, I finally got my car back a couple of weeks ago and had driven it about 300 miles so my warranty is now up. Yesterday as I was driving the car I had the same problem that I had before I took the car to the dealership. I then took it to another car shop and was told that I would need a new transmission. I told them that I had just gotten one from the dealership and the mechanic said that there was no way that could be true because the transmission that is in the car is bad.

Sorry for the long story, but can I make the dealership fix my car although it is no longer under warranty now. They apparently didn't do what they said they were going to do when I took it in so why should I have to pay for it if it should have been done for free?

Zephyr

the replaced transmission should carry it's own warranty seperate from the vehicle warranty, take the repair order from the second shop stating the transmission is bad with you to the dealership and demand they replace at no charge to you, bring with you your original work order from the dealership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">