• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sorry,taxes wasnt the issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colorado46

What is the name of your state? nj, well my car has only a bumper damage (one side only)and the fog lights has to be repaired and everything else is working including lights but this terrible insurance co,said the car is totally loss,i had to either get the money they gave me and keep the car and fix it or give the car to them for 500 more bucks.i like my car and is well kept why should a get rid?i spent money in new tires and beside i dont want to buy a car and get in car payments,i can afford it .but now a have a big headhache because a have to do lot of paper work,get a salvage retention title,send $200 to DMV,send copies of this and that,go to a special inpection far far away from my house,if i miss the app i lose the money,then surrander my plates, get another plates, another registration and so on.Why the insurance co did this to us,we pay and never had any claim before,the fix the car cost less than the money they are going to give, so, why they dont fix it and i avoid all this headache? Notting happened with motor,hood, doors, only a bumper.Shoul a talk to a lawyer about it?I dont even know what will happen with my insurance after all,when i car is total loss but you fix or resucitate.very sad and confuse.

moburkes

Its still hard to read your post. But, insurance companies are not required to pay to get a vehicle fixed. If they determine that it is less expensive to total the vehicle, then they will. Generally, if the damages are more than 80% of the value of the vehicle. I don't know why they totalled your vehicle if its in such good condition. Maybe they think its a beater. I'm not sure. You are not required to buy the vehicle back from them. Usually its not even a good idea. You'll have a hard time getting insurance with a salvage title. And, like you already know, they will subtract the value of the salvaged vehicle from your payout.

Read your insurance policy so that you understand how it works.

colorado46

i make my story better

:confused: i will try to explain better.i know insurance co is not obligated to pay to fix my car,but i had collision insurance and the money they offered me,(insurance co.) is more than a $1000, that according to the insurance co,will cost to fix it, that is my question,why the car is totally loss.Paying to fix it is more cheaper for the insurance.what you told me that is hard to find insurance with a salvage title,let me shaken,why?my car has a broken bumper and a fog light to repair.and i still having insurance with this same Insurance CO.I am going to stay with them,until i find another one,Your responses to my post are very valuables to me, please answer this one,am very worry, i need this car to go to work.Thanks a million.

ecmst12

Ok I'll keep it simple.

How much will it cost to repair your car?

How much is the insurance company offering you for your total loss?

colorado46

thanks,here is my answer

they offered 3.800 and the first estimate i got was for !1900.but i dont know if they use used parts or new,the hassle is all the paperwork that comes after that,all the time and worry,not able to drive my car and needing to rent one.thank a million

ecmst12

Ok, now did you send your estimate to your insurance company and request that they pay for the repair instead of totalling the car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">