• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spanish option discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

By the way I'm of Latin descent

so, does that means you are French (a Latin based language)? Italian (where the Latin language was born)?

After all, the Latin language did come from the Latins, which were a tribe in central Italy. They along with other Italic tribes (you might know the larger group better as the Romans) (and I wonder, did they actually write in Italics?) went and conquered the heck out of everybody around. In doing so, they spread the Latin language. The eventually conquered what became known as Hispania, or more localized, Spain (Hispano or Espano). As those from the Spanish region went and conquered other parts of the world, their ethnicity, along with a Latin based language was spread across the world.

So, not real sure what you mean and due to that, the importance of your use of the description of being of Latin descent. Did you mean you are Latin American? Latino? Maybe even Hispanic (being from Hispano but generally not a reference to the larger area of Hispania)?

Due to the ambiguity, I'm not sure of the importance of the reference of being Latin is here. Are you suggesting you speak Spanish? Maybe Portuguese since they too are Latin although not Hispanic. Since you took the time to post about your improper belief that including a "Spanish" option on a phone tree system as being discriminatory and including the ambiguous statement that you are of Latin descent, well, you have just brought all sorts of confusion to the conversation. Would you care to waste more of your time and everybody else's by clarifying just what you seek?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You should sue to have all options removed. It is preferential to have phone and ATM systems cater to those incapable of understand the language of this country which is English. We should not be forced to select an option to be US citizens.
Wrong. The US does not have an official language. Thank you for playing but you lose.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And to back up ORW being wrong:
http://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/other-languages

I think the United States government would know. Learning English is NOT mandatory as some people are exempt.
You Are Exempt From The English Language Requirement, But Are Still Required To Take The Civics Test If You Are:
•Age 50 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident (green card holder) in the United States for 20 years (commonly referred to as the “50/20” exception).
OR
•Age 55 or older at the time of filing for naturalization and have lived as a permanent resident in the United States for 15 years (commonly referred to as the “55/15” exception).

Note:
•Even if you qualify for the “50/20” or “55/15” English language exceptions listed above, you must still take the civics test.
•You may be permitted to take the civics test in your native language, but only if your understanding of spoken English is insufficient to conduct a valid examination in English.
•If you take the test in your native language, you must bring an interpreter with you to your interview.
•Your interpreter must be fluent in both English and your native language.
•If you are age 65 or older and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years at the time of filing for naturalization, you will be given special consideration regarding the civics requirement.

For more information, see the USCIS Policy Manual Citizenship and Naturalization Guidance.

Thank you for playing. Now back up what you say with facts.

OHRoadwarrior

Actually OG you proved my point. I never stated anything saying there was a formal law in place except regarding the citizenship test. English has been the traditional language of the US. If you read the info you posted, it says clearly You Are Exempt From The English Language Requirement, which means I was correct and there is one with exceptions. Thanks for playing.:) Obviously, I don't support the impurities being dumped into the melting pot, diluting the quality of our country.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually OG you proved my point. I never stated anything saying there was a formal law in place except regarding the citizenship test. English has been the traditional language of the US. If you read the info you posted, it says clearly You Are Exempt From The English Language Requirement, which means I was correct and there is one with exceptions. Thanks for playing.:) Obviously, I don't support the impurities being dumped into the melting pot, diluting the quality of our country.
Impurities? People are impurities? Really? Jeez... I know of someone else who thought that. He made it very clear in fact that he thought some people were nothing but impurities upon the country. Sad you would align yourself with such an individual. Make sure you get your whites nicely starched and pressed. You want to look presentable at the next meeting so people won't think you are impure. I however will not be attending nor have I ever attended.

Sad, sad, sad.

OHRoadwarrior

Are you volunteering to pay the portion of my taxes that goes to pay the billions spent for food, housing and education for illegals? Give me your address, I will send the bill. I will also tack on the additional costs for food, utilities, petroleum products, tax fraud and my children's college education if you don't mind.

Impurities? People are impurities? Really? Jeez... I know of someone else who thought that. He made it very clear in fact that he thought some people were nothing but impurities upon the country. Sad you would align yourself with such an individual. Make sure you get your whites nicely starched and pressed. You want to look presentable at the next meeting so people won't think you are impure. I however will not be attending nor have I ever attended.

Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited:

quincy

... Obviously, I don't support the impurities being dumped into the melting pot, diluting the quality of our country.
Ahh. So you are planning to do your part in purifying our country by voluntarily leaving, OHR?

Thanks!

Goodbye and be sure to keep in touch.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ahh. So you are planning to do your part in purifying our country by voluntarily leaving, OHR?

Thanks!

We won't bother him to keep in touch. Wouldn't want to ask him to do something civil.

OHRoadwarrior

Casting stones at a citizen does not change the costs to me. Why is it you bleeding hearts are happy to spend my money and allow them to take a job from someone else, but won't fully fund these people with your own? Talk about a hypocrite, your believes end at my wallet. There used to be a generation of US citizens that attempted to repel foreign invaders, not welcome them with open arms.

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Casting stones at a citizen does not change the costs to me. Why is it you bleeding hearts are happy to spend my money and allow them to take a job from someone else, but won't fully fund these people with your own? Talk about a hypocrite, your believes end at my wallet.
Talk about you having no actual clue or facts to support what you are saying.

OHRoadwarrior

You should pull your head out of the sand. It is hard for your colleagues to discuss issues with you. I guess we should stop this thread before it turns into a pro illegal vs anti illegal argument and Miss M gets upset by the evidence and counter arguments. I have made all accurate and valid points, I will therefore retreat to the sidelines to allow the pro-illegal side to make all their baseless humanitarian claims and attempt to trash me.

Talk about you having no actual clue or facts to support what you are saying.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You should pull your head out of the sand. It is hard for your colleagues to discuss issues with you.
Haven't seen you post any facts; just racist crap. Oh, I know. You aren't a racist. Not at all. :rolleyes: I would be wasting my time trying to discuss this with you because you and I don't agree on the fundamentals -- such as people are not impurities. You follow Hitler and I don't. The KKK is waiting for you.

justalayman

Casting stones at a citizen does not change the costs to me. Why is it you bleeding hearts are happy to spend my money and allow them to take a job from someone else, but won't fully fund these people with your own? Talk about a hypocrite, your believes end at my wallet. There used to be a generation of US citizens that attempted to repel foreign invaders, not welcome them with open arms.
So Ellis Island is a myth?

quincy

... Why is it you bleeding hearts are happy to spend my money ... your believes end at my wallet. ...
All I found in your wallet was an AARP card, a rumpled dollar and a receipt from CVS pharmacy for RX to manage your delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">