• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speaking of 14th amendment and right to privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wanttoknow:
Kind of ironic that we have this "other point of view" from a man's perspective in a situtation kinda like mine. Go back and read "does an 18 yr old have the right to have biological father tested<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no comparason. You were asking about the choice a man has between conception and birth. That thread was about trying to get a man tested 19 years after a birth ...

S

smileyhapy

I can't resist...I have to respond. I agree with the man who is upset with the system and that women choose to get pregnant as a career move. I am female and am appalled at the rate of young women that want the money, not necessarily the children and don't want the men in their lives except for a paycheck. My husband's oldest son divorced his first wife because she was cheating on him. I know the first child is his but the baby who is now 2, I don't think that one is his. So now he pays child support for those two. Then he falls madly in love with this girl and plans to marry her. (I knew was just a tramp and after a "paycheck".) They lived with us for a while so I got to see her in action first hand. We sent son to truck driving school and he was gone for a month or so. She had herself a great time while he was gone. Even was so bold as to bring other men to the house when she thought we wouldn't be home (that was a night I won't soon forget!) He finished school and broke up with her soon after he returned. She was pregnant and I thought for sure it was someone else's. Low and behold, a year later and a paternity test proved the baby who is now a year old was his. This is now baby number three. I agree that he should have used protection, but after the emotional state he was in after the first divorce, he was looking forward to having a little family again. That is the way God designed a family right? Can't blame a man for intending to do the right thing. Now he is married to a nice girl with 2 children. He is personally responsible for feeding all of these people. I can't even imagine the burden that must hold. I would want to be a bum under a bridge, just so the government wouldn't have their hands in my pocket. He makes $10.00 and hour and is living way below poverty level. Sure it is his choice, but society has put the men in this country as criminals just for having children. I don't want my children to have any. I feel in one way that it is important to support these children, but I see their mothers living well and the man who supports these idiots, fall behind on everything and suffer as a result. The government has really made a big business of child support. If I could get a return on a stock venture or a bond that would accrue intrest like child support arrears does, then I would invest into it. Arrearage is ridiculous and there is no way that a reasonable person could ever be out of debt. Fire away at me, but I agree that these women are only looking for a paycheck that they don't have to earn for themselves besides the fact the government has made this big business. All of the job justification is rampant. Everyone prospers except the kids who don't have a father in their homes and the men who have to support the idiot women that want a paycheck.

S

StupidPeople

There is absolutely no excuse for unplanned children. The excuses are just from stupid people who thought more with their groin than with their tiny brains.

Any man who is stupid enough to trust birth control to a woman (especially in short or non relationships) deserves all they get.

The sad part is that the world is fast becoming populated with the off spring of these stupid people.

W

weary one

Oh Smileyhappy!
No kidding about the interest and arrearages!
It is indeed big business. hmmm..maybe you and I should start a business tapping into this?

The saddest part, Stupidpeople, is that the government is encouraging all this populating
of stupid people!

How do we change it? By stopping such easy welfare, and by changing laws. Then women, for they are the ones ultimately in total charge of their bodies and the children that are created, will have to rethink their choices and decisions. I doubt many would risk pregnancy if the benefits and free ride weren't there for them.

Gonna be gone for the weekend, am looking forward to more responses when I get back!

A

AnotherVoice

I personally would like to see a system were gov handouts and assistance is only given to the first 2 children. After that, any decision to have a 3rd and you are on your own. If through not having the money you can not care for the child then a forced adoption occurs.

J

jfma

Seems you forgot to tell your great son about how babies are made. He should bear just as much responsiblity as the woman, unless she extracted his sperm with a turkey baster.

L

Ladyin Trouble

I would just like to point out that not ALL women who end up recieving public benifits have "unplanned pregnancies" in the sense that many of you allude to.

When I became pregnant, I was married and on the pill. Yes, I am one of those 1-2% of women for whom the pill FAILS. I had already realized the relationship was a bad one, and after I continued to be abused during my pregnancy, I left. Unfortunatly, by the time I fled to another state to escape, I was already looking HUGE. Tell me, do you know any employer who will willing employ somone who looks like they are going to deliver any second? I never found one, and have ended up being on public assistance, despite my efforts to find a job. Needless to say, there has been no help at all from the child's father.
So, please don't be so quick to judge that all women who recieve welfare are "scum" who are just looking for a "free ride". I have paid many a year of taxes up till this point, and I plan on going back to wage earning as soon as possible. I am humiliated by what I must do to be able to obtain medical care and means to live...so please think of people like me when you make such generalizations.

T

Tigres

Lady is right of course. While a lot of you are bashing women on public assistance your forgetting that sometimes it was not supposed to be that way. My daughter was conceived during a bad marriage where birth control FAILED. No, I wasn't on the pill, so don't point fingers at the woman. I couldn't for medical reasons.

When I was 5 months pregnant, my ex suddenly decided that he wasn't ready to be a father. But instead of at least being man enough to admit to that, he told everyone there wasn't a chance in hell she was his. I seriously considered getting out with out any paternity involvement from him, but unfortunately I was already showing and no one would hire me. I did get a job as a temp and the only gov't assistance I took was WIC thanks to my family. Some women aren't so lucky to have a family like mine.

He has been a mostly absent parent for the 5 years of her life and I am married to a wonderful man that is more than willing to be her father in every sense. Problem is, the moment my ex found out about my new husband, he started threatening me with legal action, etc. (I only found out recently that it WAS legal action he was referring to. Up until then the threats always said things like, you'll be sorry and don't push me, etc.) Fortunately, I have always done right by his relationship with my daughter, so while he can go on about how horrible I am, the facts do not back him up in the slightest.

I didn't trick him into conceiving our daughter. In fact, at the time she was conceived, I was mentally making a fantasy escape plan from a horrible, abusive and exhausting situation. I enjoy my daughter very much and while it might not seem so to some, an abortion was out of the question for me. I am glad I didn't do so either as my daughter is a stunning, intelligent creature with a tender heart. I hope she never even comes close to making the tough decisions I have had to just because of 5 minutes where I obviously was still hoping for my dying marriage to work.

Thanks for listening to me vent! I feel better now.

Tig

N

newmom

Through my response I was not trying to say everyone should feel sorry for anyone who has an unplanned pregnancy or goes on welfare. I am not PROUD of the fact that I received assistance, but I am not ashamed to say that my daughter is on medicaid and this is just because my insurance has certain timeframes that you can add and I missed the 30 days after birth because I did not have her social security number yet. Therefore, medicaid has helped me be able to get my daughter the check ups and shots she needed to be healthy (and I guess it worked since she was not sick for 9 months of life - she has her first sickness now - ROSIOLA of all things :( ).

About abortions, weary one says that scarring a uterus should be the least of someone's worried with an unwanted prenancy - but you said nothing about adoption if a woman was worried about not being able to have children again. This DOES essentially give the man a choice too.

This really made no sense in a "combined" posted. i had a few "different" things that I wanted to say and they didn't quite fit all in one and I'm hurrying so I'm sorry if this all didn't make much sense. I just hope at least ONE PERSON got my points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">