• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding In Atlanta, Ga Area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

Gina, you need to make a trip to CompUSA and purchase a new keyboard.
Your first post was just fine.... then, your second post was in all caps, finally, your third post was such that the first letter of EACH word was in caps.

The last two are clearly in violation of the forum rules at the top of the screen:
"Please Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters."

M

mnawalters

Thoughts...

Gina,

I am not of the legal profession - but you can try a couple of things. First, call the traffic court and speak with person who handles traffic cases (could be admin or maybe prosecutor) and ask them for a dismissal on costs (you pay fine and court costs, but ticket is dismissed). This rarely works, but doesn't hurt to ask.

You could also ask for dismissal under advisement (in this case, the ticket will be dropped if you do not get a ticket within a certain period of time).

Finally, ask them if they will drop speeding charge to less than 5mph. You still have to pay fine, but typically this has zero points and does not report to your insurance.

In all of these cases, you pay fines but at least the extent is less severe and most of the time they will agree to one of them (most likely less than 5mph change). That is as long as you do not have a stack of speeding violations.

Or - you can always try and go to court and hope the cop does not show - which is rare but does happen.

D

dosvi

didn't mean to offend anyone, just felt it was rude to be mean to someone who was merely asking for help. jetx, i thought your advice was good in saying she should just pay the ticket, so it wasn't a knock on you, i just thought it was impolite of others to be bashing her for looking for help. i did think it was wrong to try and bring my problems in on others and to try and discredit me by showing that i myself needed help. like she said, i was just trying to give some encouragement, not sound legal advice.

BelizeBreeze

didn't mean to offend anyone, just felt it was rude to be mean to someone who was merely asking for help.
And what kind of crap is that kid. She came here with a lame excuse trying to get out of a ticket that she admits she rightfully deserves.

So now we give people on Chemo the right to speed whenever they feel like it? Perhaps people who take Meth or Heroin. Why not let people with a hangover speed home to up-chuck.

The point of this entire exercise is that SHE knew she was pregnant. SHE knew that there may be complications. SHE had control of the situation as clearly shown by her ability to navigate (albeit at a high rate of speed) home and SHE was pulled over by the police, although there was no SAFE place to pull over.

As for her assinine comment about the posters here not understanding, this sexist little up-chucker would be surprised to learn that there are some men out here who were the first to touch their babies as the exited the womb, cut the chord and were the ones making the 2 a.m. walks with mother's milk letting the little farts up-chuck on their new robe, changing diapers and giving baths, and that for the first two years of the girl's lives.

She may pop the young'un out, but that doesn't make her a mother. Just as being a man doesn't necessarily equate to not understanding.

It's an excuse. Either pay the fine, negotiate with the court, hire an attorney or go to jail. I really could give a rat's ass.

But STOP making excuses. Unless of course, you agree that Heroin users going through DTs should be allowed to speed also.

G

GPITT

Thank You "mna Walters" For Some Advice. No One Else Seemed To Be Interested In Giving Advice, Just To Be Mean. I Have Gotten All The Advice I Am Going To Get, It Seems, So I Doubt I'll Be Back.nothing Wrong With My Keyboard. Message In All-caps, Because I Am At Work And Work With The Cap Lock On. Usually Don't Think To Turn Them Off When Sending Messages, Because I Am Busy, Squeezing In A Moment To Send A Message. Would Like To Know Why Some Of You People Get On This Site. Please Here Are Looking For Advice, Not Criticism. Do You Have Nothing Else To Do Than Put Others Down That Are Looking For Advice?? Pretty Sad.

Gina

HomeGuru

GPITT said:
Thank You "mna Walters" For Some Advice. No One Else Seemed To Be Interested In Giving Advice, Just To Be Mean. I Have Gotten All The Advice I Am Going To Get, It Seems, So I Doubt I'll Be Back.nothing Wrong With My Keyboard. Message In All-caps, Because I Am At Work And Work With The Cap Lock On. Usually Don't Think To Turn Them Off When Sending Messages, Because I Am Busy, Squeezing In A Moment To Send A Message. Would Like To Know Why Some Of You People Get On This Site. Please Here Are Looking For Advice, Not Criticism. Do You Have Nothing Else To Do Than Put Others Down That Are Looking For Advice?? Pretty Sad.

Gina

**A: OH BROTHER, TYPING WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS And Not Like This.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">