• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Southern CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You Are Guilty

When I worked for the city, we would occasionally get people with a similar attitude - "I may lose, but I will make it an expensive fight". What they never seemed to comprehend was that every single person in the courthouse was salaried, and made the exact same amount of money whether that yahoo "issued subpoenas" or did not. Prosecutors and judges are not paid hourly.

So in the end, all they did was waste their own time and money. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside when I went home at night.

goldengate

Sure, Sure. They dump all the subpoenas on a peon who works for the city to chase down. They won't be happy when their normal day of drinking coffee, surfing the web, and chatting with their friends gets interrupted.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, Sure. They dump all the subpoenas on a peon who works for the city to chase down. They won't be happy when their normal day of drinking coffee, surfing the web, and chatting with their friends gets interrupted.
Are giving advice, or just moronic comments?

goldengate

Read his original post. He said he is going to fight it. His decision to fight was made and it wasn't by me. I gave him suggestions on how to fight it per what he requested.

It just depends how valuable your time is. A lot of people are where I live pile into the Costco gas station because it's 5 cents cheaper than everywhere else. A line of 15-20 cars per gas pump. Some people really think waiting in line for 30-45 minutes to save $1 in gas is worth their time.

At the very least, ask for an arraignment. At the arraignment the judge may lower the fine if they are having a good day and your driving record in the past is not marred with violations. If they don't, then you can decide if you really want to go further with things or just pay the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">