• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI and Part time work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

march3012

From Illinois.

I have a question regarding how much a person can earn as a part time employee and keep SSDI. I know about 9 month trial period, but is it true that if a person earns less than 720, it does not count as a trial period? I am thinking about trying to find a part time job to help pay for my college tuition, but I do not want to earn too much to lose SSDI or for it to count towards to trial period.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I still need someone to answer the question because the info is buried somewhere on the website. I mean if it was so simple to get info from ssa.com, we may not need this forum.
Part of going to college is learning to do research. :cool:

march3012

Part of going to college is learning to do research. :cool:
Good point, but what is the point of this website. Also, I did look, it did not give me the dollar amount. So humor me, either post answer or a link that will take me directly to the page with the answer, which is the dollar amount, the max a person can earn without counting towards to nine month trail.

march3012

So your disabled and able to work**************....why are you on SDI?
None of your business! With my medical condition, very few companies will hire me full time, and I don't need to explain it to you or anyone else. Working part time at a flower shop is not going to kill me, but it is a step towards to working full time. In the mean time, i have been attending college for the last few years, the only reason people want to do that is because they want to work!

Clearly, people on this forum do not want to be helpful. I posted a similar question on a different forum and got the answer I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">