• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI Hearing with ALJ today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irishcream12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
OK, I am alittle perplexed! Have a neck injury from an auto accident that happened almost 2 yrs ago and I have a ton of pain, numbness, etc. and haven't worked since. I had my SS hearing today and the Vocational Expert stated that hypothetically I was capable of working an "ushers" job!!! Does this mean my chances are very slim on being approved for SSDI b/c they think I can be an usher?! Where do they have ushers anymore?
Thanks

csi7

When your disability assessment is done, depending on the valid medical evidence available, there will be jobs that maybe you could do, based upon the documented evidence provided.

OHRoadwarrior

It does not appear you have any disability that would limit your ability to walk or sit. Perhaps a job as a security guard, driver training instructor or pizza delivery person is possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">