• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI international medical records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

infinite

What is the name of your state?
California

Hi, my hospitalization happened when I was overseas in a third world non English speaking country. In the hospitalization section on the SSI application can I just give the overseas medical records to my primary physician here in the US for verification and have SS contact him or do I still need to list the separate phone numbers for each Hospital even though they don't speak English and hardly ever answer the phone anyway?

Thanks in advance.

adjusterjack

You should do exactly as the form says. Don't assume that the questions don't really mean what they say.

There is probably a remarks section where you can explain the overseas problem and let SSA know that your US physician also has a copy of the records. Then it's up to SSA to decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">