• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking and slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blakely1987

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, feel free to tell me if it isn't. This is a pretty long story, but I'll try to make it short.

In January my mother gave up a foster child that we had for 8 years. We couldn't control her anymore, she became violent, rude and was a horrible liar. She told the school we were abusing her, which we weren't. What she considered abuse was having to do chores. Me and all my sisters had to do them, she was no different. It was the harderst decision we ever had to make, we loved her and treated her like she was our own. Since we gave her back she was reunited with her biological parents, and they can't control her either. She has become worse since then. Not only is she slandering us on the internet, she is stalking us. She follows us wherever we go, and has even took up resident with a new 'friend' who lives across the path from us (we live in apartments). She stands on the balcony and stairs in our windows and yells obsene things at us. She told the neighbors we are insane and now they won't talk to us. She gets on all of our myspaces and emails our friends. She broke into our car. When she follows us she flashes her bright lights trying to blind us (well her friends drive, she can't drive yet). Now she is following my mom to and from work. My mom is a government employ and she can't have this going on in her parking lot. She is also having her older brother, a gang member, do the same. We are at a loss. We want to get a restraing order but we don't know how. Worse, will that even work, or will it make it worse? :confused:

garrula lingua

How old is this person ?

You stated she can't drive. Who is supervising her ?
If her parents can't control her, and she is underage, isn't she back in the system ?

At this point, I would make a police report (don't call 911, just go down to the station and talk to the person on duty). This sounds as though it's escalating, and you should make a record.
You can request a restraining order, but the Judge will normally look for a physical event before issuing an RO.
If she tells the Judge she lives in your neighborhood and y'all are paranoid thinking she's stalking anyone, it may sound true. Y'all need witnesses and some proof as to her past violence and her yelling obscenities and following.
Go to courtinfo, the Superior Court website & the application for a restraining order is there. Also, all courts can provide a 'Temporary Restraining Order packet', free of charge.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">