• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

state collecting CP not a priority

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

The order for OP to pay child support was signed in January. In early March the state child support office called and had me come in to sign papers to have the case transfered to California for enforcement on contempt. In late March the child support was lowered to allow for a certain amount to be credited to OP for travel expenses.

Fast forward to now. Still not one payment has been made and the child support office just told me that they are still waiting on certified copies from the court house of the revised order from March. Seriously? It takes 5+ months to get a copy when they have a person from the child support agency at the court house 5 days a week? They told me to try calling them back in September.

This is beyond stupid. Any suggestions on how to get any action? Thanks in advance.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

The order for OP to pay child support was signed in January. In early March the state child support office called and had me come in to sign papers to have the case transfered to California for enforcement on contempt. In late March the child support was lowered to allow for a certain amount to be credited to OP for travel expenses.

Fast forward to now. Still not one payment has been made and the child support office just told me that they are still waiting on certified copies from the court house of the revised order from March. Seriously? It takes 5+ months to get a copy when they have a person from the child support agency at the court house 5 days a week? They told me to try calling them back in September.

This is beyond stupid. Any suggestions on how to get any action? Thanks in advance.
Ask to speak to a supervisor.

You are always free to hire a private attorney if you wish.

Skill7D

You can also go to the court clerk and get the certified copy of the order yourself to bring to the child support agency. They have thousands of cases, you have one. A little legwork on your part can cut waiting time significantly. You'll probably have to pay a small fee for the certified copy but it will be worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">