• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State inspection renewal and windows tint - Urgent advice is needed!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I failed inspection yesterday due to the tint being too dark. There are two ways to remove the tint. 1. use a clothing wrinkle steamer (20-30 bucks at walmart) flip up corner of tint and hold steamer to it. The longer you hold the steamer, the more glue releases from glass. Steam and peel. any residue can be removed with goo gone or windex if tint is old you might need to clean with razor blade which if you spray the glass with windex then scrape, it will NOT scratch the glass. option 2 is call a local car tint place and simply ask how much they charge for removal. I called a place in Conroe Tx and they said $30.00 and they will remove it for me.
Thanks for the car care tips. OP's situation was resolved many months ago...but thanks.

OHRoadwarrior

Having removed window tint myself, I can say with 100% certainty you are incorrect. You do not need a steamer and you do not need to pay for professional removal. We are not going to discuss WHY I had to change the appearance of my car.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
It's a little late to be responding now. I'm sure the OP is long gone. In any event his issue was resolved 10 months ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">