• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

state is ripping me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acmb05

Also keep in mind

The attorney could have waited and billed you seperately for his time in which case his fee would be due immediately instead of making payments thru the court. Then he could have sued you if you did not pay and get a judgement against you. Be lucky they are letting you pay it over time thru the court.

brent0025

"If you cannot afford an attorney then one will be appointed for you". One of the biggest misconceptions in the world. By saying that you would think the state would have to pay the tab, afterall they are the ones taking you to court.

The amount of time it took them to figure in the atttorneys fees was less then 5 minutes. I signed the paper work and went straight to collections and they had already tallied up and added the attorney fees in the computer. So they knew in advance and just knew i wouldnt of signed the judgement if it was on there. My attorney and i didnt see eye to eye at all on my case, so if I ever see him out on the street i am going to throw tomatoes at him.

outonbail

My attorney and i didnt see eye to eye at all on my case, so if I ever see him out on the street i am going to throw tomatoes at him.
Well, that statement about sums up who the rational one is.

brent0025

outonbail said:
Well, that statement about sums up who the rational one is.

Well its pretty much a joke, but he was a lousy attorney and if anyone lives in montgomery county of Texas, let me know and i will give you his name so you can stay away from him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">