• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joe_boxer

Back in Jan. of this year I was falsly accused of raping a girl i went out with the night before.
I was never charged, just questioned and taken to give hair & blood samples.
Some cops that don't like me keep holding this over my head saying they can get me at anytime.
My question is how long do the cops have from the time of the accusation? I heard it was 3 years?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joe_boxer said:
Back in Jan. of this year I was falsly accused of raping a girl i went out with the night before.
I was never charged, just questioned and taken to give hair & blood samples.
Some cops that don't like me keep holding this over my head saying they can get me at anytime.
My question is how long do the cops have from the time of the accusation? I heard it was 3 years?

My response:

How the hell do you expect us to answer your question?

What is missing - - that you were asked to answer?

Here's a clue - - do you think the laws are the same everywhere?

IAAL

Son of Slam

Jeter said:
My question is why are there cops that don't like you?

Because back in Jan. of this year he raped a girl he went out with the night before and was never charged . Don't you read?

C

carpet muncher

First off i know exactly how this guy feels, i went out with a girl once (under 18, which i learned is a mistake) and because she got in trouble with her dad she told him that i raped her to get out of trouble which put me through a lot of BullSh*t but the "victim" got caught up in her own lies and nothing ever done about it.
MY question is How do you rape the willing?
Don't judge anyone until you know the facts, i've been there and i know what it's like.

Son of Slam

carpet muncher said:
Don't judge anyone until you know the facts

Stick around here long enough and you pick up the knack of reading between the lines. Some of these yo-yos spill their guts without even realizing it. See how OP says, "I was never charged,...Some cops that don't like me keep holding this over my head ...how long do the cops have from the time of the accusation?" While not as obvious as some, this still slants deeply towards guilty. The biggest clue may not be clear to you but it is that he posted the question in the first place.

Jeter

MY question is How do you rape the willing?
Don't judge anyone until you know the facts, i've been there and i know what it's like.

A*- Don't date underage girls and you'll never be put in that position.

B

baum79

First of all, don’t worry about what Son of Slam or any other condescending SOB says about these allegations. Always remember, you are completely innocent untill 12 jurors decide otherwise, which brings me to my second point.

I wouldn’t worry about the badgering police officers. If they had enough evidence to prosecute you they would already have done so. The D.A. is not going to try a case with inusifficient evidence simply because a few cops have a bone to pick with you.

stephenk

if the "date" only happened about 3 weeks ago, there is still plenty of time to arrest and charge you. Police are still investigating. Remember, it isnt like TV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">