• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape w/14yr old male

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gawm

Where were the seniors like you when I was a freshmen?:cool: Well at least your not the male, otherwise you would be going to the electric chair. There must be something wrong with you physically as well as mentally if you are settling for freshmen. Are there no horny seniors around? Well, fortunately there seems to be a double standard, at least at sentencing time, for women. How did his mom find out anyways? My advice to you would be forget this ever happened. Deny, Deny, Deny. Don't even talk about it with Romeo.

AHA

Alextriad said:
It doesnt look like anyone will give you any support here. Hopefully you have not yet been scared out of this forum, since this should be a forum for advice, not scornful words. If someone has something mean to say. Send a private mesage. I doubt you are a "child molester" at the age of 18... you are pretty much still a kid yourself, since many 18 year olds at the end of may are still seniors in highschool as many 14 year olds are freshmen in highschool... hence MAKING EACH OF YOU PEERS (If this is the case). Many parents dont want to see there teenagers have sex, and most teenagers (especially boys) are dying to have sex more at 14 then they are when they are an adult because the sex drive just started to kick into overdrive for the first time in their life. I know... I was there at one point. Unfortunately what you did was still very illegal and I wish you best of luck in your case and hope you dont serve time for this, but I would highly reccomend not seeing this boy until he is 18, if you are even still allowed. What people dont realize is you are sexually driven well by the age of 14. The only issue is that the mind to a large proportion has not matured at that age to realize that sex could be a very bad idea and they can be easily manipulated. (However I see some 15 year olds act like 25 year olds and 25 year olds act like 15 year olds). This can make things tricky morally when teenagers can be more mature than their parents. If people here honestly believe this was most likely a preditory attack on the boy, they are fools... even tho it's a possibility, its not likely. I'm not sure what you have that will work for you in your state... but im not sure what will help exactly in my state either... but I have heard this.

These things will help your case:

The fact that you only had sex with him once.
The fact that you arent a tremendous amount of years older.

and probably the best thing you have going for you is...

The fact that you are a female... In some states it was originally stated that statutory rape could only be induced by a male to stop underage pregnancies. Im not sure if all states changed that. Also, females are viewed less preditory than males in society. I hope this helps...

Seems like the multitude of convictions for FEMALE teachers raping young boys missed your hicktown newspaper! Watch the news every once in a while and learn something about the world, will ya??!!

Alextriad

CdwJava said:
God legal advice, Alex! It's okay ... you're a woman and you're not that much older! (Never mind the law, that doesn't matter ....) :rolleyes:

- Carl
I think you meant good legal advice in a sarcastic way so let me speak a bit more clearly. It does matter... although she still WILL... WILL be charged with the offense if she is prosecuted. BUT from what I have HEARD... these things can help the charges be reduced depending on her state law, and it would be wise for her to look into them closely. And I do believe that women should be charged as males in these types of situations, but for whatever reason there aren't for the most cases. And what I said about statutory rape, at least for the recent past and maybe still today, that only males can be convicted in certain states.... that is the truth. I do sound more on her side probably, because after the Marcus Dixon case in Georgia I have seen the moral injustice of it all, but that is besides the point of this legal advice.

Last edited:

Alextriad

Hicktown?

AHA said:
Seems like the multitude of convictions for FEMALE teachers raping young boys missed your hicktown newspaper! Watch the news every once in a while and learn something about the world, will ya??!!
Congradulations, "AHA"... I'm not retarded. I have seen plenty of things on the news about 25 yrs and older teachers having sex with 14 year old boys. But if you can do basic math and have common sense about peer situation you would know that 18 and 14 is MAJORLY different. Also, My Hicktown? you are making foolish assumptions about things you know nothing about, as if you knew they were 100% true. Go here...

http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?ItemID=16557

Now if you dont live in a Hicktown... surely you would've heard something about this?

Alextriad

I am not a lawyer.

AHA said:
It's a good thing that you're not a lawyer!!!!
I struck a nerve, just as I suspected :D :D :D .
Legally no. As the Marcus Dixon case would show (if u bothered to go there). Although Marcus was released from prison one year later, because morally this age difference makes a difference. Many are already looking at this case and questioning the manditory minimums. These laws are to stop preditory attacks not consensual sex among peers. I was trying to give legal advice initially. So it really doesnt matter if I'm a lawyer, because Im responding to your comment with your weak correllation to the morality of this issue to make this person seam like the mollestor these older teachers you spoke of were.

AHA

Alextriad said:
Legally no. As the Marcus Dixon case would show (if u bothered to go there). Although Marcus was released from prison one year later, because morally this age difference makes a difference. Many are already looking at this case and questioning the manditory minimums. These laws are to stop preditory attacks not consensual sex among peers. I was trying to give legal advice initially. So it really doesnt matter if I'm a lawyer, because Im responding to your comment with your weak correllation to the morality of this issue to make this person seam like the mollestor these older teachers you spoke of were.
Let spell check be your friend.

Alextriad

AHA said:
Let spell check be your friend.
Legally no, as the Marcus Dixon case would show (if u bothered to go there). Marcus was released from prison one year later because morally this age difference makes a difference. Many are already looking at this case and questioning the mandatory minimums. These laws are to stop predatory attacks not consensual sex among peers. I was trying to give legal advice initially. So it really doesn’t matter if I'm a lawyer, because I’m responding to your comment with your weak correlation to the morality of this issue to make this person seam like the molester these older teachers you spoke of were.

;) now even you can read it.

AHA

Alextriad said:
Legally no, as the Marcus Dixon case would show (if u bothered to go there). Marcus was released from prison one year later because morally this age difference makes a difference. Many are already looking at this case and questioning the mandatory minimums. These laws are to stop predatory attacks not consensual sex among peers. I was trying to give legal advice initially. So it really doesn’t matter if I'm a lawyer, because I’m responding to your comment with your weak correlation to the morality of this issue to make this person seam like the molester these older teachers you spoke of were.

I can read anything, it's you that still don't know how to spell even the easiest words. :D Good luck with that.

Alextriad

that's why spellcheck is my friend. He just was out of town for so many minutes, but I guess that's what happens when you rely on spell check. However, this is becoming off topic. If you have something relavant to say towards the meaning of my post please state that instead.

AHA

Alextriad said:
If you have something relavant to say towards the meaning of my post please state that instead.
Ever heard the story about the pot and the kettle? I guess not.
Have a good day in english class.

Alextriad

Meaning

I finished my last English class last year. I received an A. Any other further comments about grammar and spelling that which have nothing to do with the meaning of my post?

Shay-Pari'e

Alextriad said:
I finished my last English class last year. I received an A. Any other further comments about grammar and spelling that which have nothing to do with the meaning of my post?
Why are you here Alex? You joined the forum to simply defend the OP? :rolleyes:

Alextriad

Why I Joined. Answering Questions.

I came on here and read this. Although some gave advice, like Carl, others just said that she should be locked up. I wanted to give her advice to help her case, even though I don't know who she is. She asked certain questions and some I thought I'd try to answer. Regardless to if I'm on her side or not, defending her here will make little to no difference in the long run. Therefore it would be stupid for that to be my main reason. So my initial goal was to give some sort of advice for her to look into. However, she may not even get a chance to read it.

Happy Trails

Alextriad said:

In the Marcus Dixon case, he was convicted of aggravated child molestation and statutory rape. It was the aggravated child molestation charge that carried a mandatory 10-year sentence with no hope of parole.

He wasn't released from jail one year later for the reasons you state.

From this link:

http://11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=46395

The Georgia Supreme Court didn't rule on whether the 10-year sentence was cruel and unusual. It said only that Dixon shouldn't have been tried for aggravated child molestation because the statutory rape law would be more relevant.
The supreme court still believed he should have been charged with the statutory rape which is a misdemeanor (in this case) and it only carried a 1 year sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">