• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yertle8

So if the responders here feel inclined to raise related issues that the OP may or may not have thought of, that is their right as well.

When you post on a public board you don't get to decide who answers or how.
Likewise, I am free to state my opinion that said information is inaccurate and not pertinent.

CdwJava

The pregnancy issue aside, having sex with someone under 18 is a crime in CA and it IS prosecuted. It can be pursued whether or not the "victim" wants it to be.

Our original poster needs to keep it in his pants or - as someone suggested - hit his adult girl friends, not the children.

- Carl

seniorjudge

Yes, they can. However, it irks me a bit when older adults use scare tactics on younger adults when it comes to sex along the lines of 'birth control methods aren't as effective as you think and you'll end up pregnant/getting someone pregnant.' If you are irresponsible about sex you are likely to end up in trouble and if you are responsible about it you are very unlikely to.
Ummm...and how is it that telling the truth irks you?

Roll your eyes if you want. Chances are the OP heard the truth in a recent health class and doesn't need a pessimistic view on the effectiveness of birth control. When used properly it works. The legal ramifications should be enough to deter him, and after all, this is a legal site.
Duh....

Yertle8

Rubbers have a 10% failure rate.

Would you get on an airplane if the pilot assured you that there was a 90% chance you'd get to your destination alive?
See, here is a fallacy. If you see a statistic stating something like a double-digit failure rate of condoms, it's because it includes improper use failures. Which means it's skewed to say exactly what you want it to say: "Don't have sex, you're too young, it'll ruin your life."

If you've ever actually used condoms, you will know that such statistics are laughably inaccurate. I have never in my life had a condom fail. Yes, it does happen, but no, your post is incorrect.

CdwJava

The "failure rate" is what it is ... of course we COULD say, "When they do not fail, they have a 100% effectiveness rate." But, accidents are a result of improper use as well as product failure. So, if they have a 10% failure rate (and I have not looked the figures up) then they have a 10% failure rate.

But, as has been stated, that's neither here nor there as it is still a crime.

- Carl

I have an 8 year old son that proves that condoms DO NOT ALWAYS WORK even when the people using them are responsible adults!

Just a side note: I thank God everyday it didn't work, but that is not the point in this case!

Oh, and OP - if you insist on having sex, why don't you find girls that you are legally allowed to have sex with? Why is that so hard? I'm also disturbed that you came across initially as though you were talking about multiple girls that were younger than you that you wanted to sleep with and who wanted to sleep with you and you were all tired of having to wait. Are you starting a harem of underage girls?

seniorjudge

I have an 8 year old son that proves that condoms DO NOT ALWAYS WORK even when the people using them are responsible adults!

Just a side note: I thank God everyday it didn't work, but that is not the point in this case!

Oh, and OP - if you insist on having sex, why don't you find girls that you are legally allowed to have sex with? Why is that so hard? I'm also disturbed that you came across initially as though you were talking about multiple girls that were younger than you that you wanted to sleep with and who wanted to sleep with you and you were all tired of having to wait. Are you starting a harem of underage girls?
Please do not give accurate, correct, and legal advice.

It upsets yertle.

Yertle8

Ad hominem comments prove nothing, you don't know me and do not speak for me. I also do not believe that you found anything entertaining about my previous posts. I don't put any stock in internet insults. Carry on if you must, but I tell you that in the sincere hope that you don't waste your time further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">