• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay in the PH or go back to US???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joyeann

What is the name of your state? Arizona, but in the Philippines (I am on a tourist visa, he is on a student visa)

Hello, I was wondering, if I apply for a CR1 for my husband, have all of my taxes that are 125% above poverty, however do not have a job right now but am currently contacting employers in the US will this be considered? I do have my parents address that I can use and have been using for the last 8 months. My biggest concern is having to seperate for several months for the approval. Would this be possible to use, or is the best case to go back to the US? Also, would it be faster to apply here or go back to the US and begin the process?

ImmigAttyLana

You have to document your present ability to support him, which means you need to show a source of income meeting the poverty guidelines. If you do not currently have a job, you should get someone to act as a joint sponsor with you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">