• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staying within legal rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

Regardless of how Mother's Day works out, I think you'd be happier long term - and so would hte children - if you took this back to court for a modification. It's not fair to anyone that you never get a full weekend with the children, and you NEED a holiday schedule.

Caliemazuke1

I am in California and was just informed by one of the other parent's family members that he is getting a lawyer. I have not been served yet but I would assume he would at least be asking for joint legal custody. I currently have full custody because he did not go to mediation or appear before the judge. He is not the one paying for the lawyer but he makes enough money to where he could afford his lawyer on his own. If he hires a lawyer do I need one as well? If so, is there a way to make him pay for the costs of me having to hire one? I am not working at the moment our youngest daughter just turned nine month and I am in the process of setting up child care so I can go back to work. I am only receiving child support. The family member also told me he is moving may 1st into a place that has a room for the girls. In our court documents it states that if he has them on his overnight visits it can only be at his mother's home, unless I aprove of a changed location. What do I do if he takes them to his new place without asking or against my permission? I also, have been informed that he was threatening someone through Facebook messanger that he and his homes would roll up on the guy and he was strapped (has a gun). The guy blocked the other parent and the other parent continued to harass the guy through text message. I am unsure if I can convince the guy that was threatened to print out the conversation because he may not want his name involved. How do I address this issue at court?

Caliemazuke1

Also, he has completely ignored my request to use the talking parents website. I know I cannot force him to use it unless it is court ordered but I can block his number. Is this a legal way to kind of force nudge him to only communicate through that site? I do not like the way he speaks to me and it gets very tedious trying to document everything.

Caliemazuke1

Waiting for service

In California. I have been told that there will court proceedings by the other parent but I have not been served any paperwork regarding the case. How long do they have to serve me after filing?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am in California and was just informed by one of the other parent's family members that he is getting a lawyer. I have not been served yet but I would assume he would at least be asking for joint legal custody. I currently have full custody because he did not go to mediation or appear before the judge. He is not the one paying for the lawyer but he makes enough money to where he could afford his lawyer on his own. If he hires a lawyer do I need one as well? If so, is there a way to make him pay for the costs of me having to hire one? I am not working at the moment our youngest daughter just turned nine month and I am in the process of setting up child care so I can go back to work. I am only receiving child support. The family member also told me he is moving may 1st into a place that has a room for the girls. In our court documents it states that if he has them on his overnight visits it can only be at his mother's home, unless I aprove of a changed location. What do I do if he takes them to his new place without asking or against my permission? I also, have been informed that he was threatening someone through Facebook messanger that he and his homes would roll up on the guy and he was strapped (has a gun). The guy blocked the other parent and the other parent continued to harass the guy through text message. I am unsure if I can convince the guy that was threatened to print out the conversation because he may not want his name involved. How do I address this issue at court?
1) You should definitely get an attorney.
2) Not necessarily. Why should he have to do so? How have you been supporting yourself if you have not been working?
3) You may not have been served because nothing was filed yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">