• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STD problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

moburkes - You came out swinging and I swung back. This is obviously something that you know nothing about.
Good lord. I responded to what you wrote. If you meant to say something else, then you failed miserably (to borrow YOUR phrase), because you DIDN'T. Period.

Its interesting when someone tells me, an insurance agent, that I know nothing about insurance. Interesting. But, apparently, you don't need my help.

dizzyday

Actually lealea I have been at sometime in the last 5 years been diagnosed with all of the above except tinnitus because I do not have ringing in my ears. The labyrinthitis exercises are what helped me the last time and even though most days they make things worse I am doing them because last time I got worse before I got better but the symptoms are different this time. I have had all kinds of medication thrown at me and I am sick of taking pills that do not make me feel better - not good - just better.

lealea1005

Actually lealea I have been at sometime in the last 5 years been diagnosed with all of the above except tinnitus because I do not have ringing in my ears. The labyrinthitis exercises are what helped me the last time and even though most days they make things worse I am doing them because last time I got worse before I got better but the symptoms are different this time. I have had all kinds of medication thrown at me and I am sick of taking pills that do not make me feel better - not good - just better.

I'm sure it must be very frustrating.

justalayman

glad to see you have apologized to Mo. She is very helpful and very courteous here. She has shown herself to be very knowledgable, ESPECIALLY in insurance matter. I would hate to see a person in need denied because their illness caused them to react innapropriately and was shunned because of it.

you seem to be straying from the issue you started with. If you can answer some of the questions posed, there may be some answers for you.

One non-legal bit of advice though:

try a different doctor. not saying yours is bad or wrong but sometimes they have a problem seeing the problem where another may see it staring them in their face.

5 years is quite a long time to be dealing with this. (trust me, I understand with 32 years and counting for an undiagnosed problem that can be totally disabling at times. I understand the pills to help but no solution situation all too well)

lealea1005

Moburkes may be able to answer this......isn't there a way the Doctor can using a "working diagnosis" that will at least temporarily satisfy the insurance company?

moburkes

Moburkes may be able to answer this......isn't there a way the Doctor can using a "working diagnosis" that will at least temporarily satisfy the insurance company?
Ain't gonna happen. Remember, this insurance covers a "temporary" disability. The insurance company wants to know what the "temporary" disability is, before mailing weekly payments. They also understand that doctor's are busy. My doctor, though, for example, filled out all of the required paperwork during my appointment, and we faxed it directly from his office. It took minutes. This could be a situation that is solved at the doctor's visit scheduled at the end of the week. They WILL back pay.

dizzyday

Okay - I can get him to fill out paper work when I go, but what do you mean when you say paperwork. This is through my employer and all they gave me was a sheet for the doctor to fill out and this we did and they faxed that in which they approved, but only for 2 weeks worth. What do I need to get from my doctor now to satisfy the insurance company? I was given medication and schedule of how to take it and told he wanted to see me on Dec. 8th to review where I was at on the medication and if we needed to go in a different direction. My husband thinks I need to see a different doctor also. He thinks that this one is not seeing things in a fresh perspective. He thinks there is something he is missing and he seems unwilling to refer me on to other doctor's to see if it is something they can diagnose.

justalayman

Okay - I can get him to fill out paper work when I go, but what do you mean when you say paperwork. This is through my employer and all they gave me was a sheet for the doctor to fill out and this we did and they faxed that in which they approved, but only for 2 weeks worth. What do I need to get from my doctor now to satisfy the insurance company? I was given medication and schedule of how to take it and told he wanted to see me on Dec. 8th to review where I was at on the medication and if we needed to go in a different direction. My husband thinks I need to see a different doctor also. He thinks that this one is not seeing things in a fresh perspective. He thinks there is something he is missing and he seems unwilling to refer me on to other doctor's to see if it is something they can diagnose.
if your forms are anythign like mine, it had a place for a return to work date which was followed by a " if not able to give exact date" give an approximate date.

Which ever of those dates is used and passed without a remedy, you would need to submit a new application with updated return to work dates.

BTW: listen to the hubby, it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. if you are anywhere near a med school, they love things like this. they think they can cure anything.

dizzyday

Thank you very much. That helps me out alot. There were no return to work dates. So I believe I need to refile. I think we have the K-State Medical here in state so I will contact them and see if they can help me.

lealea1005

if your forms are anythign like mine, it had a place for a return to work date which was followed by a " if not able to give exact date" give an approximate date.

Which ever of those dates is used and passed without a remedy, you would need to submit a new application with updated return to work dates.

BTW: listen to the hubby, it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. if you are anywhere near a med school, they love things like this. they think they can cure anything.
I agree. It's really time to have some one else take a fresh look at things. The medical school/teaching hospital suggestion is a great idea.

I agree. It's really time to have some one else take a fresh look at things. The medical school/teaching hospital suggestion is a great idea.
Just my two cents. I know two people who had neurological problems for years and doctors could find nothing wrong with them....until they finally did a simple blood test for Lyme disease.

It was totally overlooked because neurological problems and heart problems are a rare symptom of the disease, but it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">