• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STENNY AND BAD NEWS ABT EX AND $$$$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hound dog

Well I have some infor. A couple of years ago my x-wife and I went to court for modification.. Okay to make a long story short I moved to missouri she lives in northern Georgia and her lawyer filed another motion w/o me knowing about it they went to court she went in there said "whatever" she wanted rather it was true or not okay when I stepped foot back in the county I got arrested (imagine my surprise)she claimed I was behind on support of 1200.00 which I was not. I got arrested b/c I did not show , which keep in mind I was never notified it was called a bench warrent. After all was said and done even with proof there was nothing done about it . I had receipts to prove that she was receiving c/s but since I did not show I could not defend myself.

I could have gotten a lawyer and went back to court b/c I was not notified and I was not behind but that was going to be extra money.I had to look at it like well atleast I am paid up for a couple of months. But getting back to your situation if he does not show then they will get a bench warrent for him. If he ever gets pulled over he will go to jail.As far as your child goes I have no experience in that other than if he has joint custody there is nothing the cops can do . That infor came directly from a deputy sheriff b/c one night when my girls told me some terrible things that were going on at their mothers I seriously thought about keeping them and not returning them so I called the cops they came over and told me my legal rights. Since I had joint custody they could not "make" me return them.....

Here is the catch , I could keep them but he said I better have proof that these thing s are going on b/c the judge would send me to jail for kidnapping if I could not produce some proof of these allegations. Which he said was very hard to do. So keep your head up and look forward to the 15th. How many children do you have together? i hope this helps yoou out alittle.

H

Henny

GOODNESS GRACIOUS, did u all have problems getting in today as well? *wiping sweat off my forehead and looking for a cooling margerita* *g*..

DEAR LADYBLU *s*
i called idiot today, to casually ask him abt the childsupport for this month. his reply was...I GOT SERVED SOME PAPERS TODAY..my reply was...YESSSSS, what abt the childsupport for this month?...his reply was: ur not going to get it. ME: do u know that a warrant can put out against you? HIM: yes and i am going to hang up now. and that was it.

so much for that. one can imagine how i feel at this point. anyway my paralegal told me this morning *did i mention this already?* that if he should show up for the hearing, the judge will make him get a moneyorder right then and there to make the payment for this month. i will call her again in the morning, because of course bills have to be paid and without that money, hell, i might end up homeless.
if he does not bring terry with him, i will have to go to sc and get him one weekend, even though i have no clue where to get the money from to do so. as per courtorder he was ordered to bring terry with him. so we will see how that goes or if the idiot will even appear.
ladyblu, like ur ex, this one is not one of the brightest bulbs either and i really mean this, i am not being mean, but that is the gods honest truth. u see he is the kind of person, that thinks if he just doesn't react, doesn't move, doesn't do anything at all, it will all go away by itself. just as if a child sits in a corner and covers her eyes with her hands and thinks noone can see her, yup that's him.

HOUNDDOG:
even though we have joint custody, it states in the divorce decree that terry's primary residence is with me and the visitation are clear in the divorce decree as well.

thanks gang *s*
glad i finally got through *phew*

ladyblu, would u happen to know a good babysitter in killeen instead of taking him to a daycare? i like that personal touch better than the mass thingy of a daycare...oh please send me an email to carefree6900 aol...don't have it in that adress book *thanks*

thanks guys/gals

H

Henny

GRANDMA B

i agree with you abt the way he went as far as getting the retirement to another acct.
however, his retirement is merely abt 40% of what his monthly payment is supposed to be. *s*

H

Henny

UKIAH

are u laughing at me? *peeping at the smiley face smiling all over the smiley face* *LOL*

N

navywife_tx

Well i'm sorry to hear that the ex didn't make his payment. It's true that he most likely called the army and changed the bank in which his retirement money was being sent. I'm married to a Navy man myself, so i know how that works.He had to have done that a month ago b/c it takes up to a month before the change goes into effect.I just can't seem to get over the fact that he took your son to begin with. It's hard to imagine that there are people out there that take there kids with no regards to the other parent. I mean, doesn't he think that your son needs you. Everyone thinks that they are a better parent then the other but sometimes it's true and sometimes it's not.It's really sad that children are having to go through this sort of stuff from their parents when we, as adults, are supposed to ACT like adults yet sometimes the adults are acting like children. By the way Stenny, i too am from Tx. but i live outside Corpus Christi so sometime when i get back from Louisiana,you,me and LadyBlu will have to get together for some drinks b/c i could use a few myself..I know that all your friends here will be thinking of you on Nov.15th and praying that the "idiot" does the right thing and returns your son to you.

H

Henny

NAVYWIFE

thank you so much for ur kind words *s*.
the hardest part is when i call terry, hear his sweet little voice and he tells me he is going to walk to my house, or he tells me he wants chocolate milk and he is hungry. i mean, being a mom that just really breaks my heart. i remember i called one saturday at arrd 12 noon to speak with terry, i asked him what he is doing and he said he is watching tv, i asked him if he is not playing with any toys and he replied, no , he is watching tv. so i asked him if he is by himself and he said yes. he said that papa *the idiot* is at work and gave him cereal before he left, and joclyn *the idiot's companion* is in bed sleeping. he is 3 years old and on a saturdaynoon he is by himself in the living room watching tv, noone to play with, while papa is at work and his *don't even want to say the word* has her lazy behind in bed, leaving him to himself. last saturday i called, idiot was at work, jocyln was at work, a babysitter answered the phone and i asked to speak with terry, and she said, i have to see where he is at, i THINK he is next door. she wasn't even sure where the hell my son was. can u imagine how that sort of stuff just stabs me right through the heart and i am not there to take care of him?
i can't wait to have him back at home, i will make up for everything, even if it is JUST his so much loved chocolate milk.

sorry about that emotional spill, i guess it's just abt now getting to me *s*.

thanks again for the support and we ARE ON for the margeritas and will discuss all kinds of idiots *lol*.

Q

QUEEN DOG

henny,
my heart goes out to you. i am a mother of 2 young kids and i could not even imagine having these problems. i would not worry about anything though because he will eventually have to pay. when you go into court, the judge will ask him how much he has on him and he will be ordered to pay you that money right there. he can be held in contempt of court but that wont hold him long. he will maybe get a little bit of fear put into him. his boss may wonder if he is responsible enough and he may wise up and not want to have problems at work so he may pay you just so he does not have to keep going back to court and missing days of work.it would be in his best interest too. good luck and keep us informed.

H

Henny

HOUND DOG

a bench warrent? the way u explained this, does this mean, that only if "idiot" should get stopped by the police for some reason he will be arrested? i assume this would have to be in texas or does this apply to south carolina as well? please enlighten me. now if this were the case, they'll never get him, the man has never been stopped in all the time i have known him, he is careful with everything else in life *s*

H

Henny

QUEEN DOG

*s* if the judge asks the "idiot" how much he has on him and for him to give me this money, than there won't be anything to get because knowing the "idiot" he may have a $20 bill on him, which is like a drop on a hot stone *s*.
thank you very much for ur support though *s*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">