• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption reversal????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

You mean, would a woman that wants to undue a baby's relationship with the only father he/she has ever know... would that person LIE about an adoption?

Oh, yeah.

Any gamblers out there? What are the odds that the OP never saw the inside of a courtroom about the adoption and mom just TOLD him what happened in front of the judge when she was in uniform?

Anyone?

I'll buy you a beer...

moonchild71218

You mean, would a woman that wants to undue a baby's relationship with the only father he/she has ever know... would that person LIE about an adoption?

Oh, yeah.

Any gamblers out there? What are the odds that the OP never saw the inside of a courtroom about the adoption and mom just TOLD him what happened in front of the judge when she was in uniform?

Anyone?
I was in another state so no I didnt go to court. I just signed the paperwork and mailed it back. I guess that was my mistake

Proserpina

I was in another state so no I didnt go to court. I just signed the paperwork and mailed it back. I guess that was my mistake

So at this point we don't actually know if there was an adoption.

Well, that might change things.

Because if there wasn't an adoption...you can still be on the hook for child support.

cyjeff

Because if there wasn't an adoption...you can still be on the hook for child support.
It gets better...

You are actually on the hook for ALL the child support... that would add up to quite a bit.

moonchild71218

I called child support when it all stopped and they told me she turned in the final adoption paperwork and I had to pay $3000 for the final paperwork. I dont know why I had to pay the final paperwork since she is the one that filed it and was the one that did the adoption.

Is there anywhere I can check to see if the adoption was ever done?

cyjeff

I called child support when it all stopped and they told me she turned in the final adoption paperwork and I had to pay $3000 for the final paperwork. I dont know why I had to pay the final paperwork since she is the one that filed it and was the one that did the adoption.

Is there anywhere I can check to see if the adoption was ever done?
Really?

You paid $3000 for the final paperwork and never checked?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">