• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay-Pari'e

nita06 said:
Is it really any of your business what I will tell my child? My daughter is 10 and she has known my husband since she was 3 so he is, in her eyes, her father. And no it is not true that I messed around with alot of people.
Enough to not know who the daddy is.:rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

nita06 said:
Is it really any of your business what I will tell my child? My daughter is 10 and she has known my husband since she was 3 so he is, in her eyes, her father. And no it is not true that I messed around with alot of people.

Oh! Would this be the dad that terminated his rights after he found out she wasn't his?

S

shell007

Shay-Pari'e said:
Enough to not know who the daddy is.:rolleyes:
AND...obviously tooooo many to use "process of elimination".

Poor Kid!:( I hope she never has the medical necessity to NEED bio-dad!

nita06

shellandty said:
AND...obviously tooooo many to use "process of elimination".

Poor Kid!:( I hope she never has the medical necessity to NEED bio-dad!
Yep! Too many to use "process of elimination". You know me very well.:rolleyes:

Just Blue

nita06 said:
Excuse me! You must have me confused with someone that gives a **** about your negative comments. Unlike some people, words don't hurt me. You have the right to think and say what you want but at the end of the day does putting other people down make you feel better? If so then what does that say about you?

I know who the father to my children is....

But I wasn't trying to be nasty...just waiting for the information to help you...but you don't want to provide that so...what does that say about YOU?

aorjwilliams

It's pretty sad that people automatically assume someone was sleeping around just because they don't know who the biological father of their child is. This is not the Maury Povich forum, it's supposed to be one where people can feel comfortable asking a question or two about their legal situation without being flamed for it. It's like telling someone who was raped that they deserved it, and that they must be a skank because it happened (not saying this is Nita's or my case, but if it was it's none of your business). Not everyone is as perfect as you all think you are, and I agree that unless you have some honest to goodness legal advice for this woman you should stay out of her thread!

Nita, I am sorry you're having all this trouble. You'd think people would be more mature than this. God forbid one of them ever need assistance and get this kind of result.

S

shell007

I agree that unless you have some honest to goodness legal advice for this woman you should stay out of her thread!
So....What is YOUR "honest to goodness legal advice for this OP"? Maybe I missed it OR you deleted it!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please do not be a hypocrite!!!

Shay-Pari'e

aorjwilliams said:
It's pretty sad that people automatically assume someone was sleeping around just because they don't know who the biological father of their child is. And you call it a witty bitty mistake? and I agree that unless you have some honest to goodness legal advice for this woman you should stay out of her thread!

And where is your legal advice? :rolleyes:

aorjwilliams

I didn't say it was an itty bitty mistake, do not twist my words!! You don't know the circumstances behind her situation, nor is it your business. You have no right to judge her, no one has that right but God Almighty! Myadvice to her is also none of your business, and does not have to appear before youreyes for her to know what it is.

ceara19

aorjwilliams said:
I didn't say it was an itty bitty mistake, do not twist my words!! You don't know the circumstances behind her situation, nor is it your business. You have no right to judge her, no one has that right but God Almighty! Myadvice to her is also none of your business, and does not have to appear before youreyes for her to know what it is.
No one can give her any "honest to goodness legal advice" when she doesn't disclose ALL of the facts.

aorjwilliams said:
Not everyone is as perfect as you all think you are
This comment sounds as if you are JUDGING the people here. But YOU would never do that, right? :rolleyes:

And it DOES make a difference if the child was a product of rape. That would be an ESSENTIAL fact of the case that needs to be known BEFORE proper legal advice can be given.

aorjwilliams

ceara19 said:
No one can give her any "honest to goodness legal advice" when she doesn't disclose ALL of the facts.

And it DOES make a difference if the child was a product of rape. That would be an ESSENTIAL fact of the case that needs to be known BEFORE proper legal advice can be given.
As a matter of fact, I was able to get honest to goodness legal advice without the person demanding to know all of my business. She respectfully told me what I needed to know without all the nasty judgements and criticisms. :p I know it would make a difference if a child was a product of rape, never said it wouldn't. I was merely stating the judgements of Nita were likened to telling someone they deserved to be raped and assuming the girl is a skank just because it happened. (Ever see "The Accused"?) Not all circumstances warrant spilling ones whole life history to get an answer. Again, it is none of our business why she does not know who the father is. It is my understanding she was merely looking for a starting point to her adoption journey.

I am not from Louisiana, so this may or may not pertain to you (Nita) exactly, but it might at least be a starting point. Contact your local courthouse special proceedings office, and see if they will give you the step-parent adoption paperwork, and they can also tell you how much the fee is to file it. At least then you can become familiar with what all the paperwork looks like and maybe find an attorney that is willing to charge just for what he/she does for you (such as the initial petition to terminate the unknown father's rights/publication in the newspaper) and not make you pay for what you can do yourself (the actual petition for step-parent adoption). I hope this helps you, and wish you well on your journey. NITA:If you want to talk further, please PM me, as I do not wish to speak openly on this board at this point. It is detrimental to my spirit.

bononos

OP has STILL not told us WHY she doesn't know who daddy is.
Well, since we've concluded process of elimination isn't going to happen, that shows that either she slept with way too many, she was sh!tfaced when she got busy with a complete stranger, OR again, she just doesn't want to name who Daddy is so her new hubby can adopt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">