• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stepfather wants to adopt children ,biological father does not waive rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snsallison

nicetryadmin said:
Just because you have an attorney does not mean you will be able to terminate the dad's rights nor will an attorney force dad to sign over his rights. PERIOD!

You were well aware of his issues while you were with him. Obviously his unemployment for the SEVEN YEARS you were together wasn't an issue then, so even attempting to bring it up in court will be thrown right back at ya. Oh and his drug issues just happened overnight, huh???

I know you probably don't believe me ,but I was really dumb when it comes to drugs(especiallycrack),I did not grow up around that stuff,only weed.I have never done it and never will but anyways ,I guess I thought I could help him,by being there for him.BIG MISTAKE.I know that now of course. Yes I was aware of the drugs while I was with him,although he was mostly in the streets doing the drugs.He did not bring them home. But anyway ,I know if he would have to be in court for anything ,more likely he would not show up,because he likes to stay as far away as he can from anything that has to do with the law.Plus he would probably say,well my kids want to see me whenever they get older,so I'm not going to worry about that.well that is what he would say.but if he was to stand right in front of my kids and say "I'm your father" ,they would say ,"no we have a daddy(and mention my fiance's name) . I know I had messed up really bad when it came to marrying this guy ,but I surely don't regret having my children,because they are my life,they are wonderful,handsome boys,and I would do anything I had to ,making sure they would not end up like their "father". I really appreciate you writing back to me Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">