• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Steps in filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eli4192

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN
I am going to be filing bankruptcy here soon and know it has changed since my last time I did it. Is there a good location to go that can explain the steps now involved. What I have is:

1. Must get credit counseling
2. file ($300 cost now)
3. Attend a money magn't course
4. Attend hearing.
5. Discharge.

Have I missed anything? I am again doing it myself, as I only have CC and a car that I have to discharge. I have no other debt. I did it myself last time and had no issues. You list your debters, you list your assestes. Am I missing anything?

latigo

Yeah! Like how long ago was the "last time"?

And how about the statement of household income and expenses - disposable income and whether a 7 or 13?

eli4192

info

My other bankruptcy was discharged in june of 1999, thus 10 years ago. I have nothing outside of a tv and such, my car will be included in the bankruptcy and be taken back by those holding the note and I will be filing chapter 7. I have no savings or stocks or anything. My debt is CC and a car since student loans can not be included. I own no property of anything of real value. Same as last time I filed.

Indiana Filer

My other bankruptcy was discharged in june of 1999, thus 10 years ago. I have nothing outside of a tv and such, my car will be included in the bankruptcy and be taken back by those holding the note and I will be filing chapter 7. I have no savings or stocks or anything. My debt is CC and a car since student loans can not be included. I own no property of anything of real value. Same as last time I filed.
Pay attention to the credit counseling so that you don't file again.

How could you get yourself in this situation twice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">