• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

still no bike.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Iowa but currently in Iraq

i bought a motorcycle off EBay, at the beginning of last month. Paid 2300 with personal check. I the check cleared the 9th according to my bank. so i scheduled shipping for the 15th. seller called shipping company and postponed shipping because he said that the check hadnt cleared. so i wait another week. and seller says he rescheduled shipping, but shippers never showed up. i called shippers and they said that they tried to contact seller but didnt have any luck. and that the seller never scheduled the shipping. so i sceduled it for yesterday. found out this morning that the shippers called before comming and they were told by seller that they could come and pick the bike up. shippers arrived, but no one home. waited an hour and a half, tried to call again. but no luck. shippers say that i have to pay them an extra $95 for non shippment. on top of the 600 i already paid them to pickthe bke up.

The bike does have fraud insurance with the purchase. but there is $100 precessing fee. and the shippers have a $50 cancellation fee. so far if the seller doesnt ship the bike im out at least $250.

i wrote the seller today and told him that if the bike isnt on the way to me by monday with keys, title, bill of sale, and a check for $95 for the fees from missing the shipment . im going to file for the fraud insurance. and go up to JAG and get some help with recovering the money that im out (I know its unlikely JAG would be able to do much).

Does anyone know of anything else i can do to either make this deal go thru or get all of my money back. Im getting worried aobut scheduleing the shippers, because every time they dont get the bike, its $95 out of my pocket**************... Im really disappointed in this guy, i have given him a month, and the money. but still i have nothing to show for it

any help would be apprecitated. though im pretty sure i already know what wil happen if he doesnt ship.

thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">