• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

straight to trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proud_parent

"Passing lanes" do make sense in certain circumstances. What if a large vehicle is unable to maintain speed going up a hill?
Particularly in Iowa. We frequently share the road with very large, very slow moving vehicles this time of year (harvest time).

proud_parent

i was also given a date and time to be in court, no one was there, i feel the system is off. i took off from work to be in court, if i didnt need to be there the ticket should read "call the clerk if you want to plead not guilty"
It sounds like an honest clerical error to me. The person who entered the appearance date on the ticket likely did not realize that October 14 was a municipal holiday. Apparently, neither did you.

My advice to you is to drop the attitude before you appear at trial. Oh, and slow down. You share the roadways with me and those I love.

yamaha

my question was if the state could just skip the araignment without notice. for some reason all anyone wants to talk about is my speeding ticket,my spelling, ect. thats not why i came here. do you all work for the court system or something? if my ticket says come to court at 1:00 on oct. 8th there should be court, thats what my arguement is, not so much about the ticket or what my plea is or how unimportant you think it is. there is a reason they have this correct? i pay court cost on that ticket and there is no court, this is what my post is about and you have tiptoed around it, pointing out what im guilty of, what about what they are guilty of, can we talk about that for one or two comments, any of you brillant people have an answer to my question or just more b.s.

FlyingRon

Yes, if you state you are going to plead not guilty, the arraignment can be waived. I'm sure the clerk thought she was saving you an extra trip to the court. I'm sure if you go to the court and demand a formal arraignment you can have one. Why are you caught up on the arraignment?

You were told this in one of the first responses. You brought on the rest of it yourself by throwing accusations of unethical behavior around which many of us responded to as well. You then threw your other excuses (they don't rise to the level of a viable defense) which you were told as well. I never made fun of your lack of even attempting to speak proper English here, but since you're throwing your temper tantrum, let me tell you it makes you look like a moron. See how the rest of us use sentences. There's a capital letter at the beginning and punctuation. It's also inconsiderate, it makes your posts difficult for us to read.
When you're asking for people to do things for you for free, you could be somewhat considerate.

Last edited:

justalayman

sorry i didnt give my entire defence here. my point to the unethical cop is he allowed me to speed for miles without pulling me over, he was behind me and had a radar locked on me but waited to get my fastest speed while i passed a car. would he allow a domestic abuse to continue until teeth were knocked out, would he allow a drunk driver to go down the road until he commits vehicular homicide, why let me speed until i went fast enough to loose my license? i know i was speeding but he could have stopped me at that. it is in heavy traffic and i drive offencively, i addmit it, i have 20 years on a motorcycle with no accidents or tickets because im not waiting to get rear ended in after work traffic. not saying i shouldnt get a ticket just not the one i got
there is only one state I am aware of that allows one to surpass the posted limit while passing and it is not Iowa.

then, your analogy is not accurate. The only party that was injured by waiting to obtain the most egregious level of the crime was use (sorry, a typo. It was meant to be; you. I felt the need to leave the error for comedic relief, you know, like cousin vinny would say; use (You's) need to comply with the rules of the road) While you can speculate it put others in jeopardy, guess what; you were the one putting them in jeopardy, not the cop. Since you were not going to be arrested, there was nothing to stop you from leaving the scene of the ticketing and drive like a complete ass, even faster than before, and put even more people in jeopardy. So, using your argument, I guess you are pissed of because the cop did not arrest you and make the roads safe from you. Maybe you need to go and turn yourself in and tell the cops you want to be arrested so everybody else on the road will be safe.

Last edited:

justalayman

To me "passing lanes" make no sense. If everyone did the speed limit there would be no need to pass.
you must understand that the speed limit is just that; a limit. It is not a requirement. A person is not required to drive at the speed limit. Many states do address vehicles that drive so slowly as to cause a safety issue though. I believe in my state it is actually specified in code as 10 mph under the posted limit.

justalayman

no passing lane i was traveling on a two lane road, probly speeding, went by cop that was at a stop sign waiting to pull onto the highway i was on. he had to wait for traffic so he was a mile or so behind me with cars in between. he drove like hell to get behind me, followed for miles just out of sight behind me then when i made a pass caught up to me and said he got me at a top speed during my pass, i know im guilty not my point, i would like to reduce this ticket, i know how dumb i am for speeding, not the point, came here for advice, get it? i was also given a date and time to be in court, no one was there, i feel the system is off. i took off from work to be in court, if i didnt need to be there the ticket should read "call the clerk if you want to plead not guilty"
Ok, advice:

slow down, stop driving like an idiot, pay the ticket you deservedly were issued.

anything else?

yamaha

thanks for the responce, sorry my typing skills are lacking and my english skills also. guess im not as educated as some but i do have my strong points. i only came here to find out a little about the legal system and if being upset about the fact i feel the system is wrong is a crime lock me up. im sure you are all perfect little angels. been to church lately? why were you there

justalayman

thanks for the responce, sorry my typing skills are lacking and my english skills also. guess im not as educated as some but i do have my strong points. i only came here to find out a little about the legal system and if being upset about the fact i feel the system is wrong is a crime lock me up. im sure you are all perfect little angels. been to church lately? why were you there
One does not have to committed sin in order to attend church. Maybe if you attended church regularly you would know that and would not have made the comment you did.

Gee, didn't you realize that the cop had a sense of humor when you showed up at the court house when the one day that they were closed:D
Do a search on 'Iowa defective ticket.'
I'm surprised that the person you met at the court didn't tell you that the charges were dropped, So, everyone went to Denny's.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Just Blue

Okay...What, pray tell, are your "strong points". I am curious to know.

Please Members to not slaam me for asking...lol

yamaha

well i am a journeyman mason, very mechanicaly inclined, i do electrical work, and im sure i could survive in the outdoors as long as any of you. im good with my hands maybe you would like to meet sometime and i could show you? maybe you might need some advice someday about something on your car and i could tell you how dumb you are for not understanding the works of a modern combustion engine or transmission

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">