• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Streaker Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was taking out the trash yesterday morning, and turned to go back into my house through the back door. As I was approaching my door, my neighbor is coming from the opposite side of his house (coming towards me). He was butt a&& nekkid!:eek: :eek: He didn't try to cover himself or anything!:eek: :eek: There was no way he didn't see me; we were walking towards each other. There is no fence.

Now that I've seen the family jewels (if they even qualify for the name - I'd call them "costume" jewelry):D , I realize that when I see my neighbor daily as I walk out of the door in the morning, and he has no shirt on-that he may have been naked. Now I'm paranoid that I have a perverted neighbor who walks around outside nekkid. I also have a 2 year old and a baby, and I'm scared to go out of the house on Monday AM. Am I paranoid? (That's mylegal question, by the way) Can the police do anything, or can he walk around nekkid in yhis own yard?

I'm ready for the jokes. The day care provider asked if it was long.

fairisfair

no, he can not walk around naked in his own yard, call and make a police report.

I mean after all, unless he is really something, what a way to ruin breakfast!!:D

apparently this is not uncommon, google man caught naked in yard. Wow, even the mayor.

Last edited:
S

shell007

moburkes said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was taking out the trash yesterday morning, and turned to go back into my house through the back door. As I was approaching my door, my neighbor is coming from the opposite side of his house (coming towards me). He was butt a&& nekkid!:eek: :eek: He didn't try to cover himself or anything!:eek: :eek: There was no way he didn't see me; we were walking towards each other. There is no fence.

Now that I've seen the family jewels (if they even qualify for the name - I'd call them "costume" jewelry):D , I realize that when I see my neighbor daily as I walk out of the door in the morning, and he has no shirt on-that he may have been naked. Now I'm paranoid that I have a perverted neighbor who walks around outside nekkid. I also have a 2 year old and a baby, and I'm scared to go out of the house on Monday AM. Am I paranoid? (That's mylegal question, by the way) Can the police do anything, or can he walk around nekkid in yhis own yard?

I'm ready for the jokes. The day care provider asked if it was long.
Heck..I don't know the legal answer, but I hope you/husband are not in the Military. I would hate for the neighbor to "stand at attention" when you walk by. :D ;)

I would call the local cops/sheriff and ask them if this is allowed on private property. I do know that local ordnances DO NOT PERMIT nudity if it's within so many feet of a residence.

Good luck!!!

moburkes

I'm scared to call. He's my neighbor. He's also the electrician who was supposed to have updated my electrical system and instal a few more outlets. Now I won't even entertain the thought of letting him in my house. EWWW! I have paranoid thoughts of him installing cameras in my house or something.

He ruined breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

You're right, though. I do need to call, but I just can't. I wonder if he told his wife?

moburkes

fairisfair said:
apparently this is not uncommon, google man caught naked in yard. Wow, even the mayor.
That ex-mayor was in a suburb near me! He was married and drunk, and his girlfriend kicked him out of the car and he was apparently passed out. When he woke up, the cops were there.

S

shell007

moburkes said:
I'm scared to call. He's my neighbor. He's also the electrician who was supposed to have updated my electrical system and instal a few more outlets. Now I won't even entertain the thought of letting him in my house. EWWW! I have paranoid thoughts of him installing cameras in my house or something.

You're right, though. I do need to call, but I just can't. I wonder if he told his wife?
Call and ask ANONYMOUSLY. Don't tell them who you are or who he is. At least you'll know the local laws if (God forbid) it happens again. :eek:

fairisfair

moburkes said:

c'mon Mo, you aren't scared of anything!! I mean I am all for comfort, but that is just a little creepy for me. If he had a fence and you were peeking through the cracks, well, that would be different. the police don't have to tell him who called. You know your little one is getting old enough to be playing outside soon, and I am sure that there are other children in the neighborhood.

oh, I thought of something else too, you might want to wait for him with the garden hose. LOL

moburkes

Was it long?..NO
Is he trying to hit on you?..Not that I know of.
Were your kids there? Thankgoodness, no.
Is he good looking? Not really.
Tell your husband. Don't have one.

UGH! It makes me nervous to confront him either personally or with police. I made my 2 year old daughter sleep in my bedroom with me because I got the willies:eek: thinking about it. It was creepy for sure. I mean, if he had acted the least bit embarrased, then it would have been better.

Okay, police said that they can come to my house to take a report, or I can go to the station, but they can knock on his door and tell him to stop. I'm just nervous.

enjay

Why don't you just ask him to wear clothes when he's outside? Apparently you have enough of a relationship with him that he was going to do a bunch of work for you. He's going to remain your neighbor; wouldn't you rather handle this than have the cops handle it and have a bunch of animosity between you?

fairisfair

enjay said:
Why don't you just ask him to wear clothes when he's outside? Apparently you have enough of a relationship with him that he was going to do a bunch of work for you. He's going to remain your neighbor; wouldn't you rather handle this than have the cops handle it and have a bunch of animosity between you?
No offense, but can you honestly see that happening? I would never suggest sending a single mom over to a naked neighbors house to talk things over with him. Mo, maybe just knowing that you saw him will make him stop, I don't think you need to lock yourself up in your house. Unless you start catching him doing really creepy stuff. I would still report the incident no matter what.

ezduzit

You should report this to the police right away. Not reporting this to the police may just make him bolder in his actions. You really don't know him. He's no friendly neighbor if he's exposing himself to you and your daughter.

moburkes

I can't imagine confronting him. OH NO! Cant' do it. Sorry. Some people have suggested a camera, but who has time for a camera when you're walking out of the house with a 2 year old (and the street is just about 15 feet away), a baby in a carrier, a diaper bag, my book bag and lunch bag, my purse, and anything else I might need for the day?

I'm creeped out. We'll have to see on Monday what I do. I can't call the police right now. Just too scared.

justalayman

Does the neighbor have a wife? If so, have a talk with her about the situation. She may be able to intervene on your behalf.

The neighbor , if he can be seen by anybody not on his property (which is the case here) is breaking any indecent exposure laws in your state and/or locality. It matters not if he was on his property or not, merely that he could be seen from a public or other perspective other than his own property.

Now this isn't an attempt to dissuade you from being fearful but there is a fairly large contingent of people that do practice nudity in our country. I actually have a nudist camp about 6 miles from my house. The problem with the darned nudists is that most of those that want to run around nekkid, you REALLY don;t want to see nekkid. Why is that?

Some people do this not out of perversion but simply because they enjoy being nude. Actually our country is quite conservative when it comes to nudity compared to much of the rest of the world. It seems we only relate it to perversion when much of the rest of the world merely accepts it as a natural condition without all the sexual innuendo we apply to it.

Anyway, continue to make police reports since he is breaking the law. Practice your "giggle" so the next time he struts by, you can properly embarrass him and maybe carry a pruning shear and tell him the next time you see that thing, you are going to prune his little branch. (don;t really do this last one, it could cause you some trouble legally, but it would be fun)

Call the police or if this is not possible, do you have a large male friend that could make contact with the neighbor on your behalf? Nip this in the bud now. You should not live in fear of the next "moon" this month. Hey, maybe you could answer this old question though. Is the second full moon in a month actually a "blue moon"?? (just kidding) Take care of the situation now. It may be innocuous but you need to snip it before your child is a victim as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">